lake days and boat waves

Monday, June 22, 2020

hope everyone is having a great Summer! 

Doesn't it feel like it's been "Summer" since ummmm, March? My boys are so bored, but finding new ways each day to entertain themselves. Their playing putt putt with one of Chad's old putters + a solo cup right now as I type this. Whatever works! HA

One of our favorite ways to pass the time is "trolling" at the lake on the ol' pontoon.

We love going to Lake Russell bc it's WIDE OPEN, never crowded with a lot of boats bc there's zero houses. Why? 

"Richard B. Russell Lake is a reservoir created by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers by construction of Richard B. Russell Dam on the Savannah River bordering Elbert County, Georgia and Abbeville and Anderson counties in South Carolina" - Wikipedia


I've been lovin' my Brumates to keep my Trulys cold. Are you a Truly or White Claw gal? I love Truly's more for some reason and while trying to eliminate gluten as much as possible this year, I've switched to these vs the ol' Mich Ultra! It's amazing how less "full" and bloated you feel too.

The boys absolutely love fishing on Russell and there's always a great catch. 
We love to take our nephews too. Our pontoon was an inheritance from their great-grandpa Jack who LOVED to fish, so I know he is smiling down on all of these boys as they carry on the tradition. 





What's your favorite way to beat the Summer heat? Here's to more fun lake days to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019