H A P P Y O C T O B E R

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Can you believe it? We're less than three months to Christmas people.

*cue the Mccaulay Culkin Home Alone scream*

If you're hopping over from Sugar's blog, welcome! I've blogged for ten whole years now, so what better time to link up so you could have a a glimpse into what life is like "outside of Sugar". 
Spoiler alert: it's not always as glam as things seem inside the boutique. We're actually a super simple fam with a house full of camo, trucks and trains since we have two sweet boys. I love having the best of both worlds. This blog is where I document all of our fun!

 Today I'm dishing out some of my favorite Fall/Halloween decor pics from the past few years, favorite costumes and even treats to get us in the festive Halloween spirit. It's always been one of my favorite holidays!

F A V O R I T E   D E C O R

Our front porch decor from last year. I'm holding out to purchase mums this year until the temps cool down just a bit. Still 95 degrees here in SC. Someone make it stop.


a look at my husband's man cave/ shop from last year...


I keep a wooden dough bowl on our foyer table and fill it with random pumpkins, leaves & picks


chalkboard / sideboard in our breakfast nook



F A V O R I T E   H A L L O W E E N   E V E N T S

one of my all time favorite halloween parties took place last year at Sugar. It was our "Pink-O-Ween" Wine Down Wednesday that celebrated several customers/friends that were breast cancer survivors and a % of sales went to our local Self Memorial Breast Cancer Foundation. We donated just under $1k from sales that evening and it was a ghoulish girls night out! 

These fabulous cookies were my favorite by the talented Anomaly's Custom Sweets.


If you're local , we will host another fun October Wine Down Wednesday on October 23rd, complete with a pumpkin beer tasting. We will also donate 15% of all sales from the evening to Self Memorial Breast Cancer Foundation. 



F A V O R I T E   T R E A T S

each year I love making this Halloween Popcorn Bark because it's so easy and oh-so-good


also found this cute coffee mug at Walmart last year ...



F A V O R I T E   C O S T U M E S

When our oldest, Cade, celebrated his first Halloween at just nine months we dressed him up like a little lobster and put him in a big ol' pot for my husband Chad to tote around. It was really an inexpensive costume that may have cost me a total of $25 for both the lobster + chef costume. Still one of my all time favorites.


then there was the year Cade was so obsessed with Christmas that he asked to be a Christmas tree. "Hmmmph" I thought..." I can do this"... says every mom ever when attempting an epic DIY costume failure. It really turned out ok, A little star headband + a whole lotta felt fabric + pom poms. It was just that I had no idea where to put the battery pack for the battery operated lights soooo...his little face says it all! (and now I can't stop laughing...)


one year I dressed them in inexpensive Target monkey costumes and then found this cute tee on Etsy.


Then quite possibly my absolute fav was last year when my two boys + my niece & nephew dressed up as the Toy Story crew! Can. not. handle the cuteness. Gosh, they had the best time...


"You've got a friend in me..."



So what do you guys have planned this Fall? Here's a fun bucket list from Jessica Garvin to help you get started...


Now, bring on the cooler temps. We've got fun sweaters, coats, vests and more from Sugar we're ready to wear. Shop NEW ARRIVALS here!

xoxo,
Sandi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019