welcome to new york.

Monday, September 30, 2019

Alexa, play "Taylor Swift : Welcome to New York" 

our theme song for this fun work/girls trip and we aren't even big T Swift fans!


I've always wanted to attend Coterie Market to order fun apparel for Sugar. Over the past eleven years, I've attended apparel markets in Vegas and mostly Atlanta because of convenience, but never have I ever visited Coterie. Some of my girlfriends and I had talked about how we wanted to visit NYC again so badly (my friend Beth and I had not been in 16 years!!! Our one and only NYC trip ever) so I mentioned that I'd love to go to Coterie and maybe that would be the perfect girls trip too.


Two of our girlfriends that we rarely get to see (my college roomie/sorority sister/bff  in Tampa + bff in N Myrtle Beach) celebrate birthdays in September and we've all four traveled to West Palm together, Atlanta market trips, etc to celebrate birthdays and continue our "squad" travels ;) 

So the plans were set. Beth and I flew out of GSP around 8am Saturday Sept 14th and our Tampa + NMB gals, Cameron and Heather were set to land just an hour or so after us. 

We dropped off our bags at our hotel, NOMO Soho, and immediately walked over to Black Tap for lunch and the "crazy shakes" I'd seen (and drooled over) all over Instagram.

hands down, best fried pickles in. my. entire. life. gah, everything was sooo good...


and yes, that's a big ol' slice of confetti cake on TOP of a milkshake. Highly recommend checking out Black Tap if you're ever in NYC, Vegas or Disneyland...


After our long yummy lunch, we had tickets for the 9/11 Museum at 3pm. When Beth and I visited NYC 16 years ago in May of 2003, the tragic events of September 11th was still a very new wound in NYC. Blocks were roped off with caution tape, debris everywhere, buildings with what looked like ginormous sheets draped over them. It was definitely just as moving to see the new World Trade memorial. The museum was amazing. We didn't do the guided tour, but we were definitely able to walk around at our own pace.











we went back to the hotel to check into our room, relax a little and get ready for dinner...


views from our room at Nomo Soho


oh AND being a Saturday, we had to watch our Gamecocks...


we left out for dinner reservations at Mercer Kitchen. 

This is the entrance to Nomo Soho. Gorgeous!




my outfit: Karlie Wild Time Bodysuit + BuddyLove Madonna Faux Leather Skirt + these amazing Valentino dupes by Sole Society that I had so many comments about. They look identical to the real deal.



I ordered the salmon with cheese grits and it was phenomenal. 


The next morning I left the gals to room service and sleeping in, while I headed out to Coterie! 

outfit of the day, but unfortunately this Karlie dress is sold out. so comfy


similar metallic Hobo crossbody linked HERE


it's located at the Javitz Center and wowwwww. Amaze.



I had appointments with some of my regular accounts (Spanx, Z Supply etc...) but found a few new fun lines too that I'm really excited about. I spent the entire morning and into the afternoon getting lots of ordering done!

Next up, I ubered over to The Plaza to meet the girls for lunch / champs after a day of hard work ;) 
First time at The Plaza and again, wowzers...


the Eloise portrait


front lobby


Palm Court bar/restaurant where you can get the infamous afternoon tea. 


Palm Court was booked with afternoon reservations but we were able to find a table at the Champagne Bar and order small plates + the best (and most expensive ;) mimosas ever. 

After a long break in the day, we were geared up to walk over to Top of the Rock, Rockefeller Center, etc...


St Patricks Cathedral




pics are out of order, but this is from Top of the Rock! The best views...




Rockefeller Plaza...





really fun experience...




had to take a pic for my mom, because she's OBSESSED with The Today Show!



we were so hot at this point because it ended up being way warmer that afternoon that we thought, so we walked around the block to Magnolia Bakery because I had to get my hands on their magic banana pudding...


it. was. delish. 


We went back to the hotel to quickly change and head over to Rosé Mansion...

just sold the last one of my Crosby dresses this week too! such a fun dress that I knew would be perfect for Rosé Mansion

such a fun experience. tickets are like $35ish bucks and you receive a wine glass once you get there and walk through eight rooms sampling eight different types of rosé.






It was so fun and the perfect "girls trip happy hour". After Rosé Mansion, we walked over to SaraBeths on Park Avenue. I ordered the three course fixed menu and picked the tomato soup as a starter because I had heard so many good things about it. Definitely the BEST I've ever had in my life!!!! Gah, still dreaming about it...


then we walked just a block over to 230 Fifth Rooftop Bar where we had reservations too around 10pm. Wasn't too busy being a Sunday night...




before we headed to the airport, I knew I wanted to have brunch over at Jack's Wife Freda. FUN FACT: Chad's granddad Jack (passed away three years ago and our little Charlie is named after him : Jack Charles McClain) was married to Frieda (still living and a precious, precious soul) so I thought it was so neat that there was a restaurant named after someone else's grandparents who were also Jack & Freda :) 



Crosby Tucker Top + BuddyLove jeans (sold out) + Steve Madden neon pink mules
Then it was time to head to the airport! As sad as I was to tell my girls goodbye, I was ready to see my babies and brought them home so many fun goodies. Their NYPD hats were the favs.


Until next time, NYC. I promise you it won't be another 16 years before I go back...
Ready to plan another trip ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019