no time to siesta, it's Skip's first fiesta!

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

My nephew, Skip, turned ONE on May 7th and had the most adorable "First Fiesta" on Cinco de Mayo. It was the perfect Sunday! Let's start with a few of his one year pics I took...



now onto the F I E S T A...

cute invitations from FIG in Uptown Greenwood
My sister decided to have it at her in-laws gorgeous home on Main Street in Abbeville since they have the perfect backyard, nice and roomy.

This colorful balloon garland is from FIG in Uptown Greenwood and was a labor of love. I do seriously love hosting and helping with parties, so I told Courtney just to let me help with the balloons and some of the other decor.

 I went over about noon that Sunday and helped her set up before the party at 3. She already had such an awesome vision, I was just extra hands ready to help set up!


Courtney bought the cutest book, "Dragons Love Tacos" for everyone to sign as a guestbook when they first walked in...


the fun gift table...



the colorful bubble sticks are in a set from Walmart and such a great steal! They come in a pack of six for $3.97 and she ordered the tags from Etsy...



we had old canvas photos from years ago from my store, Sugar, that a photographer loaned us in exchange for advertising. Since moving locations the outdated framed canvas photos just sat there...UNTIL I decided to paint over them with chalkboard paint and use them as a chalkboard. YES.

This was the walking tacos chalkboard next to the food table...




the cookies may have been my favorite and were made by a local gal, Aly Smith at Anomalys Custom Sweets in Anderson, SC




Loved Mack & Skip's matching Chubbies swimsuits and my sister's cute top is from Sugar


my BuddyLove top is also sold out but from Sugar and I LOVED it.

ohhhhhh this baby. I could eat him up. SO PRECIOUS.


and loved by so many!


I like to caption this picture 
"When your Chubbies aren't quite short enough and you gotta show off that LEG!!!!"




most of the food was catered by our local Mexican restaurant, Mariah's. 



the water slide from Brown's Bounce Rentals was a HIT!


so thankful the rain held off and it was the perfect 80 degree afternoon...


cakes and cupcakes by Savannah at Corley's Market here in Greenwood


y'all her cupcake flavors and cakes are AMAZING. So yummy, then my sister made these cute little cupcake toppers of Skip's face and found the "Fiesta Time" ones at Hobby Lobby.


I purchased this outdoor wicker bar from Wayfair last year for Sugar's 10 year celebration and have used it soooo much. We used it as an actual beverage bar for a baby shower last weekend, but also here as a dessert bar. I made the tissue flowers and added a balloon swag to doll it up. So easy!



can you tell he loves his babysitters? 


they're the best!





water balloons for the win.






time for cake! his face during the entire "Happy Birthday" tripped. me. out. He was looking at us like we were ALL CRAZY! HA










sweet cousins...







Charlie hoarding all the candy from the pinatas...




the kids all had SO. MUCH. FUN. That's when you know it's a successful birthday party. 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SKIP! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019