:: Mother's Day Weekend ::

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

So after Skip's First Fiesta on Cinco De Mayo, it was Mother's Day weekend...

My first Saturday not at Sugar in weeks and weeks, so first of all I was stoked to have a Saturday off. We were helping host a couples "BABY-Q" shower for friends Hope & Derrick!


Several couples all went in together to make it a great dinner and we just hosted it out at the shop. I literally threw things together the day of and rounded up party things I already had + flowers out of the yard, etc...It turned out great, everything was perfect and theeeeen the MONSOON came! We had terrible thunderstorms that kept us inside most of the evening, but here's a few pics I snapped before the rain began to pour...


I have known Hope for nearly twenty years now. She's the first cousin of one of my life long best friends and also the first cousin of a guy I dated for years. We became close, basically like family and now she's close to so many others in our crew, along with her husband who works with one of the guys. Hence why it made sense to host a couples shower! 

Hope was born with a mild form of cerebral palsy, a group of permanent movement disorders that appear in early childhood. I am so proud of all she has accomplished in life! From getting her GED to finding love...working one, sometimes two jobs and now becoming a mom.


It just goes to show that no matter what circumstances you're born into, YOU ultimately decide the path your life will take. She's created a life she loves and again, we couldn't be happier for them! 
We can't wait to meet baby Jase in July and he's already loved by so many.










our high school soccer team had just won the state championship (my bff's brother in law is the soccer coach and nephew a senior on the team) so we were all ECSTATIC and ready to celebrate that evening. everyone had a blast , it was likely one of THE most fun baby showers we've ever been to! bahaha

The next day we had a low key Mother's Day. I took a nap , which I never do, and then we grilled burgers at Chad's parents and the boys all had a blast playing outside.



it was definitely a much needed, relaxing day!

Next up...the week spent at the ballfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019