// five on friday // weekly recap

Friday, June 23, 2017


So here's what we've been up to since we got back from vacay!

// one // 

Finally finished up our new bedding and I'm pretty sure these Wheaton &Whaley pillow covers steal the show! I saw them on one of her Instagram posts and had. to. have. The euro shams + quilt are from Pottery Barn and the second time I've purchased this exact same set (just in a queen) because I love it that much. The navy shams + duvet I found at Pottery Barn Teen. 


I waited for all to go on sale and just purchased a little bit by bit. Geez, when you have to buy new king bedding you need to be ready to invest. My lort. The headboard was a steal from Walmart.com after a friend gave me a heads up and purchased one for her gorgeous bedroom. Seriously, go do yourself a favor and check out Walmart.com first if you're looking for an upholstered headboard. We love ours! It even features nailhead trim detail on the sides. Less than $200 for a king size. YES!!!! It can be done. 


Speaking of beds, this one doesn't seem to mind cozying up in one. I am in complete denial that he''s going to be two next weekend...

// two // 

Major rain has been in our area and while I miss sunny days, it sure does our flower gardens some good. Our coneflowers have bloomed again and we've got all sorts of fun Summer perennials sprouting back up...


pic taken with an iPhone!!!

I still need to do a post on all of our landscaping updates!

// three // 

Last Sunday evening we celebrated Father's Day with the only "father" I have living, my amazing father in law. He of course spent all evening slaving over a hot grill cooking us the best hamburgers (you talk about a grill king...he is it and Chad takes after the best, I'm serious) We all had dinner and Cade loved catching up with his cousins since he had missed them the whole week we were at the beach...


The usual faces of my two boys. One crying because brother won't give him any Gatorade and the other laughing because brother is crying since big brother won't give him any Gatorade...

sheesh.


We had a fun evening, even though Father's Day is always bittersweet for me! I am truly SO thankful for the father Chad is to our boys. He puts in so much time with them and is the perfect example of the husband and father they should become. I have all the feels when I think about these blessings. Again, bittersweet. I miss my daddy so much some days I can hardly stand it and I still sometimes question WHY the Lord had to take him so soon, but my. word. has the Lord been good to me! I turn those questions into praise to give right back to Him 100% of the time. 

"God is good all the time and all the time God is good"

He really is, y'all.

and I know my daddy is smiling down when he sees the faces above....crying, laughing and all!

// four // 

Cade has attended Erskine College Sports Camp all week, his first Summer daytime camp, and he. has. loved. it. He has loved being with all the "big boys" (since he's amongst the youngest) and he really enjoys all sports.



// five // 

I'm still going through beach pics! In case you've missed our Fripp Island vacation posts, check them out HERE, HERE and HERE. Yep, still wishing you could just leave a message but now it's back to reality....

"Leave a Message" Beach Hat // Ralph Lauren Retro Polka Dot Swimsuit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019