memorial day weekend

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

As mentioned on my Five on Friday, we had a busy week last week. We decided to cap off the week by inviting a few friends over and grilling out. The weather was absolutely too perfect not to!

It was also a good excuse to use my new gingham paper placemats from the cute new stationery store, FIG, in Uptown Greenwood. They come in a pack and you literally tear them off when you want to use, then throw them away. Genius and perfect for outdoor soirees! 

The melamine plates I found this season at TJ Maxx and the napkin ring holders are also TJ finds from a couple years ago. Our monogrammed napkins were a splurge last Spring from Elizabeth Joyce Monograms out of Charleston when she was at the trunk show, SWOON!, in Greenville. They match our dining room curtains and you know I die for pink and green. The vintage aqua glasses are from Ballard Outlet and the bamboo flatware from Horchow - ON SALE NOW $28 for a set of 20 (original price $60) Such a great deal!! I may have to order another set.


When Chad fires up the Big Green Egg, the whole neighborhood flocks! Had to take a pic of all these fools. They are quite the crew and we had a great time. (especially all the kids, who ended up with the hose pipe...**cue hands over eyes**)


Saturday was another busy day! The oldest daughter of my sweet friend was graduating from Dixie High School, my alma mater. No, you would not think Maggie (far left in this pic) was old enough to have a high school senior. Nor does my friend Bec (beside me) who almost has a high school senior. They seriously look younger than me and I tell them daily that I need to know where that fountain of youth is at. They're holding out on me!

Hope has modeled for Sugar for a few years now and I've had so much fun getting to know her. Every time she models she asks if she can bring me Starbucks. She's a sweet soul who loves adventure with a passion for traveling, writing, and fashion and I know she will go far in life! (But not too far, because she's staying close by and attending Erskine College in the Fall. Kinda hard not to when your dad is athletic director there ;) You'll still see her gorgeous face on our Sugar Instagram and website. YAY!


She graduated with National Honor Society and Beta Club honors.



Maggie also has two boys, then another daughter who's four and in Cade's preschool. They're great friends. Really such great friends that at times they act like brothers and sisters themselves! HA They are both bursting with personality and crack. me. up.



After graduation (at Erskine's gym. Yes, I can't believe I walked across this stage FIFTEEN YEARS AGO. OMG!) we went to the hospitality room upstairs for a fun graduation party for Hope! We look out at the kids playing in the gym and see my child up there giving a speech. Maybe this is a glimpse of our future....valedictorian? We can only hope. (I guess more like CLASS CLOWN!)


After the graduation party, we hurried home for an outfit change and to wait on daddy to get home from work. (Grami was keeping Charlie for the day/night). Us three got ready and headed to a cousin's wedding! Chad's first cousin Jacob was marrying his long time girlfriend Bre. Here's Cade and I on the back of the golf cart being whisked away to the ceremony because of course we were running late....

I wore Lilly Pulitzer's Bailey Dress! Only one size small left (I wore a medium - runs TTS) over on our website. The beaded tassel earrings are Betsy Pittard from Blossom Shoes & Such .
cousins Hayden and Blain were in the wedding...



and Jacob...well, Jacob couldn't hide his emotions when he saw his bride walk down that aisle...





With our nephews Jackson, Maddox and Carter. This is quite the crew I tell ya! Love em' like my own...


Sunday rolled around and while we were suppose to have pool time with Aunt Coco, those plans changed and Chad really wanted to take Cade fishing over at his friend's Lenny/Stacey & Steve/Carrie's place on Lake Secession. 

Cade had the best time fishing and we even got a quick pontoon ride to go pick up other friends on a different part of the lake. The boys swam and fished for hours!!

Oh and Charlie ate like an entire can of Pringles and judged everyone out on the lake basically.... 



This is the face of a baby who gets anything he wants. I mean, look at him! :) Mama's boy and spoiled rotten...


We came home around dinner time and were exhausted. Yesterday on Memorial Day we worked around the yard and in the house. Chad took Cade swimming around the block at a pool, but Charlie and I mostly just chilled and napped all day. It was glorious! 

Hope you all had a great weekend and I can not thank those enough who have fought or are currently overseas fighting for our freedom. I had a customer just a few days ago tell me her son was an army chaplain and stationed overseas. I blurted out "Oh, where??" only to have her tell me it was at an undisclosed location that they couldn't even say. Can. not. imagine.

Praying for all who continue to do SO MUCH for this country. That do so much for us! Again, thank you will never be enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019