// five on friday //

Friday, February 24, 2017


Happy Friday!!! If you're in the South, holy cow this weather. Amazing. It's going to be a gorgeous weekend and I hope you all get out and enjoy every single minute of it. Don't mind a bit that Spring has already arrived. I'm so not a cold-weather gal and didn't miss Winter!

// one // 

Just got back last night from a super quick trip to West Palm Beach to order Lilly Fall. This was my third trip to WPB to order (see previous trips here and here, where we actually met Lilly both times!) and this time my college roomie/bestie/sorority sister who now lives in Tampa drove over to meet me. We had a fabulous time and packed in a LOT in 36 hours. More details from the quick visit coming soon, but check out this VIEW....

wearing Lilly Pulitzer Gianna Dress in Oh My Guav
// two // 

T-ball practice has started up again and opening day is in just a few weeks! I feel like we just ended last year's season (pic below of my Cade last year). I can hardly believe it. Chad is coaching again and two of Cade's cousins are playing this year. Carter (one year older) will be playing for his third year and Hayden (one year younger) will be playing for his first year. Exciting!! All the kids basically know each other and they've got a good crew. Cade is definitely into it more this year than last year. This mama is ready to get to the ballfield...


// three // 

So many amazing new Spring styles arriving at Sugar every. single. week. Daily, really. Here's a few of my favorites from this past week!

Off the shoulder continues to be a HUGE trend.

Boat Dock Off the Shoulder Top
and pom poms are also all the rage...

Pom Poms in Cabo Cardigan
Tamu Tamu Pom Dress
and who doesn't love a flowy, easy-to-wear white blouse?

Boho Tassel Tunic

// four // 


I'm on a rug kick right now. Really an entire "let's spruce this house up for Spring" kick. Blame it on this weather. Also blame it on the fact that we have a light rug in our living room and two boys so ummm yeah, that's not working out too well (this rug is similar to what we have). No idea why I thought a light neutral was a good idea with a toddler and a five year old, but it shows everything of course. I'm thinking of moving it into our bedroom and layering it over carpet because our carpet is already showing wear and tear in some spots and I'd love to keep it looking as new as possible!

I'm in love with this one by Safavieh on Overstock right now. Lots of color. I want bright and bold, yet I also do not want to spend a fortune because I know we can't invest in nicer things until the boys are older (like as in, maybe graduate high school...haha)  We have this ottoman, a dark brown sectional and velvet aqua pillows. Add in some of the hubs' european mounted deer heads and yes, I think this we could definitely pull off the boho vibe. Chad would probably die because of all the pink in the rug, but then again there's pink in the laundry room...pink in the dining room. I mean, I'm outnumbered in our household. Humor me. Gimme all the pink. Oh and if I promised to bring in some european mounts, I'm sure he'd oblige ;) I'll keep you all updated!


// five // 

I'll leave you with this for the weekend! A fun pic on a gorgeous new Instagram account I just started following called DesignsbyCeres. Her home. I die. Makes me feel better about ordering a pink rug ;)


Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019