charlie's crabshack first birthday : part I

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Charlie's first birthday really snuck up on us. I'll admit, with Cade's first birthday I seriously was planning six months in advance. Second child comes along and you're like "hmmmm...what now?" We have been out of town a lot recently + hosted a big shower for friends + building a shop behind our house (more on that later) so with all that going on, we just decided to whip up a low country boil for family! Sure, I will definitely plan invite aaaaall of Charlie bug's friends next year so the poor thang doesn't get shafted, but this year I knew he wouldn't even know what was going on and it's kinda hard being a holiday weekend too. However, Lord knows I love to throw a party...any kind of party...and I always obsess over all the details...even if I whip them up last minute :)

I did want to send out invitations since we were invited family in Boone, Aiken, etc... so I found these on Etsy, printed at Quick Copies and spent no more than $20 bucks.



To throw the "dinner party" together, I had a ton of red party supplies + red gingham leftover from Cade's second "barnyard bash" birthday party that I reused. It pays to hoard. Seriously. The burlap banner was part of the decor/a gift from Charlie's baby shower that I just stuck new letters on and most all of the items I used , I already had.


I decided since both boys + Chad have the same monogram, I could invest in these cute cocktail napkins from Gifts in 24 Hours. I love this site and get monogrammed stationery from there as well! The gingham plates were from Oriental Trading and the same ones I used for Cade's 2nd birthday. 





again, besides a few quick things from Oriental Trading and a few items bought at TJ Maxx (the lobsters, crabs, oysters sign...napkins...etc...) we really had everything! 






my little helper setting up that morning...




found the perfect flag on Zulily!



I had to have a few favors for the cousins, including "pull back crab" toys from Oriental Trading so we could have crab races. PopRock candy from the Dollar Tree. Yummy cookies by Aly Smith (who also did his cake/smash cake) and there was patriotic ring pops and bubble gum from Oriental Trading as well. The little red bags came from Oriental Trading as well! So cute and so cheap.



so next up, all of the FUN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019