// easter weekend 2015 //

Monday, April 6, 2015

Hope everyone had a great Easter! We had a jam packed weekend, (so I apologize for the long post) that started for Mr. Cade on Friday when he stayed with Mimi & Papa while my sister Courtney and I took our mom out to lunch and shopping for her birthday! Cousins from Boone, NC had come down to visit for a few days and they all went out on papa's boat. 

They said they had an absolute BALL! Cade always looks forward to time with his two sweet cousins from Boone and it's refreshing that they bring a little pink and pigtails into our lives when they come to visit. Two girls, Claire and Abigail, and they are absolutely presh. That's Abigail right there with those squishy little legs and she's only two months younger than Cade. 


So yes, meanwhile I went to work some while Court took mom to get a pedi and then we took her to J Peters for lunch then shopping at Lowes so we could all get our Spring ferns and flowers. So blessed to have a mama who is truly our best friend. We call ourselves the "three amigos". It was a fun day!


Saturday morning Cade was my sweet helper. We went to Sugar to take care of a little business and one thing is for sure, he always keeps me laughing. I mean, just look at this face...


We left Greenwood and stopped by baby Jace's first birthday party at AHS baseball field. Is this not the cutest little grin you've ever seen? He is beyond precious and it was the perfect baseball theme party since his daddy is one of the baseball coaches at AHS.


After a quick stop at the party, we went to Mimi & Papa's for Easter lunch with all the cousins from Boone, Grandma Frieda and Papa Jack, more cousins from Columbia and it was a large time (and a large meal for this prego mama. Yummo) The Boone crowd had to head back home, but then the boys entertained themselves with a new trampoline. Never a dull moment.


After that (nope, not done yet) I came home and began cleaning/prepping to host my fam over for Easter Sunday dinner at the new casa for the first time. 


Then after a long day of fun, cleaning, and bath time we decided to not miss our tradition and dye up some eggs last minute so we could hide them the next day when everyone came over. As tired as I was (if you can't tell by this pic), I'm so glad we did because it's those little moments and memories that I know Cade will remember the most. He loved it!


Easter morning, Cade woke up to find a few goodies from the Easter bunny! I love this pic because it's like he is soooo excited about SOCKS, of all things. 


Our set up except 1. I need to buy more linen placements from Ballard outlet because I had only snagged four on major sale 2. I need to buy more napkins because those were only in packs of four as well, from TJ Maxx. HA! The end place settings totally got shafted, but hey I did what I could. The table wasn't all the way finished either when I took this pic. Also, our dining room curtains were ready this weekend, I just didn't have time to pick them up but they coordinate with the pillows I had her make too and I can't wait to see it all together. Yes, lots of PINK (and leopard...). Chad has yet to open his mouth. Yet is the key word here.


We had quite the spread and I will admit, I was waaaay lucky not to have to cook a single thing. Have I mentioned my mama is THE best? Superwoman. Really. Just like my mother in law. No clue how they do it all! Well, Courtney and I split the ham from Honey Baked Ham to make things easy, then mama made a 7 Layer Salad, sweet potato soufflé, green beans, cream corn, macaroni pie, and brought the famous potato salad her bff makes. YUM!

Oh wait, stand back everyone...I DID manage to cook a pan of frozen Sister Shubert rolls in the oven. Yes, go me! To top it off, mama also managed to bake Hello Dollies for dessert, but I couldn't partake because my second glucose test was the next morning. More on that later (as I roll my eyes...)

My little nugget dressed in his Easter best...
(except I forgot a belt. "Forgot" is my new middle name lately)

outfit by J Bailey and shoes Livie & Luca from The Frilly Frog
and this is the real Cade. "Mama can you see my funny face??"


Then Aunt Coco took our picture and said "Put your hand on your hip!" (directed towards me) and well, Cade followed instructions. This sums us up right here.


and these two, I swear. This photo is not even edited. They really are just that dang gorgeous and I wish they'd hurry up and have me a gorgeous niece or nephew. Seriously!


Cade loooooves his aunts and uncles.
He really is blessed with the best and it just warms my heart that they spoil him and love him just like their own. They are all too good to him!


Another cute shot trying to get a family pic without the sun in our eyes. Can't believe next Easter we will be a family of FOUR.


and as always, candids are my fav. I want to hold on to these sweet moments forever.

can't believe I squeezed my belly into this dress. Just size up prego friends. So comfy and stretchy, I loved!
Obsessed with this picture of Cade and my mom too. Precious!! 
Blessed to have a wonderful Grami, Mimi, Papa Josh, and "Papa Charles"


and this was the best pic of the day. I seriously did not realize he was doing this until I went through photos later that evening and zoomed in/cropped. How stinkin cute? This is definitely going on our gallery wall that I need to get started on in our hallway. Priceless.


and these two...

Court wore Lilly Pulitzer's Saemus Beaded Dress from Resort, available on Sugar's website.
Oh and pssst...heads up, it's going to be on major sale by the end of the month!
and one more with the birthday girl, our precious mama.


I have just been really emotional this weekend and yes, know it's the pregnancy hormones running rapid through my body, but it truly was one of those weekends where I sat back and watched the giggles...the simple joys like cousin love, sidewalk chalk, flying a kite, the hubs planting azaleas...and I stopped to reflect on our many, many blessings. Soaking it all in. Chad's grandparents Jack & Frieda also came over a little later Easter afternoon and saw the house for the first time. We sat in Cade's playroom watching him put on an absolute show and laughed and laughed. Papa Jack has been battling cancer off and on for years now and he's become pretty frail. Prayers needed, but wow is he one tough fella. Talk about soaking in every moment and cherishing every second. Truly a gift every chance we get to spend time with them! 

Tears also came to my eyes as I stood in church yesterday singing "tis the power of the cross", because above all things I'm most thankful for a risen Savior who died on the cross for me and on top of that, the wonderful blessings that He has given us in this sweet, sweet life we live. Such a great weekend, we didn't want it to end!

1 comment:

  1. He looked so handsome in his outfit! And that pic of him holding his belly, toooo funny!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019