:: five on friday :: most random ever.

Friday, January 26, 2018

What a week.

Flu hit our home and I literally cried when the doctor came in and told me. I didn't have TIIIIME to be sick. I hate being sick. HATE it. But there, again, God has a way to knock me off my feet and tells me to simply sit down and BE STILL. Luckily no one else in the fam has gotten it (continued prayers). I have Lysol'd every inch of the house and quarantined myself with my mask. I'm determined not to spread it.

Anyhoo, here's a random mix of my thoughts this week!

// one // 

LOVE this new Heartthrob Blouse over at Sugar for $36! Such a great style, I need to order in multiple colors.  This red is so good. Perfect for Valentine's Day or ANY day.





// two // 

I'm still in limbo about what type of new sofa to get. I've purchased the rug and we will switch out our dark brown sectional for something lighter and smaller , but what? Currently looking at slipcovered options because yes, I have two small boys but then thinking should I splurge on some sort of stain resistant fabric or what? So many decisions. I feel like this is a big investment and I want to get it right, but then I also can't spend thousands on a sofa....sooooo....any recommendations would be so helpful!!!! I'm at a loss. If you have a slipcovered sofa, do you love it or hate it?




// three // 

FINALLY finished a quick video of our July Fripp trip last year with friends. I still can't find the SD card with the majority of GoPro footage but this is as good as it's going to get and a fun way to capture the meme. Really wish I was this tan (and felt this great!) right now. Summer, WHERE ARE YOU!??? (total Summer girl over here. Hand raised)


// four // 

If you missed my Miranda Lamber concert post, click HERE. The highlight of my month for sure.


// five // 

We're suppose to be heading back up to Greenville's Bon Secours for Monster Jam this Saturday night as an early bday for Cade / Christmas gift we gave our nephews. It will be five full days since my flu symptoms began so I sure hope I wouldn't still be contagious. I need to research this. If you have any insight, also let me know. I am definitely staying home throughout the week , even though I feel much better, just so I don't give it to others!!!! It's so horrible this year and unbelievable how many have it. People are DYING from the flu. Scares the buhjeezus out of me and I'm so lucky my symptoms weren't as severe and that I have type A, not B. No matter how hard you try, it's like you can't escape it and maybe if more people stayed home instead of going right back to work the next day (or sending kids right on to school) there would be less of an epidemic. **insert the horrified emoji here**


The men can just go on without me!

I'm off to consume more vitamins, diffuse more essential (germ-killing) oils and get some rest. Happy Friday and STAY WELL EVERYONE!!

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog via the linkup..so cute! I totally feel you about being sick. I started with flu and now it's turned into pnemounia! sheeesh! lysoling everything! LOL. So jealous you saw Miranda in concert...she's amazing live!! Hope the sickies get out of your house soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my goodness, bless your heart!!!! I've heard a lot with the flu turn into pneumonia. Goodness, bring on the Lysol YES. Where is Spring!!!???? Seriously! I hope you get well soon too girl!! Thank you

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019