<< weekend >>

Monday, December 12, 2016


Friday began with a busy workday and a doctor appointment for Charlie! His 15 month checkup + shots but I knew he hadn't been feeling good. Sure enough he had an ear infection too. 

This is the exactly how I feel about shots too Charlie...


more updates on my littlest {ok, so not so little. cue tears} baby boy soon!

Next up, since I had a busy week at work I had to bust it to finish decorating the house + clean so that a few of the girls could come over Saturday night! I used ornaments I already had + new candles from Swoon! show in Greenville + magnolia leaves out of a tree to create this easy centerpiece.


then I loved how my charcuterie turned out - I loved using items from Main Street Market, that carries Stonewall Kitchen. Their stuff is the best!


The group that came over began as an "aerobics group" YEARS ago (cue our aerobics instructor friend in the back with the perfect arms! Also note: she has FOUR KIDS ranging 4-17!!! Ah-mazing) but then some of us stopped going to aerobics after having kids of our own (my hand raised. i am going to try to work on this in 2017. major resolution) and then some others began going and then we added lots and lots and here we are (with a few missing who couldn't make it). This is the 4th year we've done this Christmas party. Last year I missed bc we were in the mountains, so this year I hosted!

Some of us just met within the past few years and some of us have been friends for nearly 20 years now (TWENTY!!!!! me and my cray cray girlfriend Ruth at front in pic. I swear she has me laughing in every single pic we've ever taken. We met in 8th grade and have been sistas (as well as being friends with her real sister, Bec, wearing the pearls) ever since!) It was a fun time and here's our self timer pic to prove it...HA!


Sunday was no day of rest. I took pics all day in the cold and then me and the boys had a yummy supper by the fire at Cracker Barrel while daddy was hunting. After we left we went by Connie Maxwell Children's Home Christmas lights display! Cade says yes to hot pancakes on a cold night. I say yes to the grilled chicken tenderloins, fried okra, hashbrown casserole and mac & cheese...can I get an amen??


I haven't even organized what I've bought for Christmas and I am not even halfway done shopping. My TO DO list is crazy and everyday I get to work thinking I'm going to get lots done but then I begin pouring myself into helping others find the perfect gift and honestly that is what makes me so happy!!

I do need to set aside time this week to finish up, organize and wrap...but before that I do also want to take time to do more fun Christmas activities with Chad and the boys because after all, it's the memories that matter...not the presents. Reminding myself that every weekend when I disregard Christmas shopping to go hang out with friends and fam ;) Tis the season!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019