yeah, they were all yellow...

Saturday, August 20, 2016

any other Coldplay fans out there? {hand raised}

I admit, I've never been a huge fan of the color yellow, since my top picks are always aqua, green, browns, navy, grey, even pinks when it comes to home decor. Yellow? The older I get, the more I think "why the hell not?"

Yellow is a HAPPY color and actually looks great with soft blues and greys, which is the color we have in our master bedroom - "Gray Cashmere" by Benjamin Moore. 

And after looking at grey paper shades on our FIVE bedroom windows for over a year and a half, we are finally ready (mentally and financially) to take the plunge and invest in custom drapery. We knew we liked it nice and dark in there at night, so it would need to be heavy drapes with blackout lining. It's just much easier and actually less expensive to have them custom made than to purchase through Pottery Barn, Ballard, etc... at least in my neck of the woods it is! Thankful and ready to get this project going. 

Here's a glimpse at some artwork we have in the bedroom, the wall color, etc... 



more pics of our bedroom before we moved in here

we have a lot of gold tones and yellows in our bedding and throughout the room, so I finally decided this week on a fabric I loved. I reaaaaally wanted to go with classic grey gingham. Timeless. Chic. But would I get bored with it? 

I decided to take a risk and step out of the box. I decided to go YEL-LOW.

Holding my breath and looking at this inspiration photos for now, then I'll report back in a few weeks!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019