new home sweet home: we're getting close!!

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Aaaah in addition to all the baby talk, we've got lots of "house talk". We are definitely getting close, everything is basically happening at once and we are weeks away from move in at this point. Exciting yet overwhelming all at the same time. Didn't I just post that we purchased land? Time is absolutely flying...geez.
 
First up, the dining room trim turned out great. We went with the easy "picture frame" wainscoting trick and I love it. The color is Sherwin Williams "Silvermist" and the exact shade of blue that I wanted. Really, such a great color.

chandelier is so warped, I realize that I must fix soon.
We got cabinets, granite, and APPLIANCES since Christmas! What, what?
They haven't been installed yet, just laying around the kitchen, but we are probably most pumped about our appliances. We've been using ice trays (no ice maker) for 6 1/2 years now, haven't had a dishwasher in about a year, and our dryer makes bird noises. We got an amazing deal on GE appliances during a Labor Day Sale at our local appliance store, Steifle's Appliance.
 
I can not stress how important it is to SHOP SMALL & SHOP LOCAL and at least compare prices. More times than enough, you'll find even better prices and better customer service than the big box stores. We were so pleased with our experience and so thrilled that GE worked with Steifles to hook us up with an amazing package. It's the GE Café series. We loved the clean lines, overall look, plus awesome features. I feel like we will be loving these for a loooong time. Obsessed.

 
Choosing hardware was fun, but not easy. For the most part I scored awesome deals on hardware through Home Depot, Ebay, and Hobby Lobby. I did splurge on these beauties from Restoration Hardware for the master bath. (Oh but you better believe my frugal self waited for them to go on sale)


Our big ol' sink was installed. The hubs is definitely OBSESSED. Finally, an easy way to wash his huge pots he uses for shrimp & grits, low country boils, parts from his smoker, etc. (Yes, he cooks a lot and even cleans up his mess. He's the best!) However, the first time I walk in and find him cleaning doves in it, I'll die....

Kitchen granite is Colonial White from SlabCo in Elberton. Post on that here.
For the kids bath we went GREEN.
It's Sherwin William's Dill and again, we are in love. It's the perfect, fun neutral.
 

 
Here's a sneak peek of the vanity in jack & jill bath peeping from behind Cade's sliding door. We realized because of the super small space, we actually needed a pocket door for this one. Since we didn't do it in time, we opted for a sliding door. Huge trend, I know but hopefully we won't tire of it for a while.
 
Sliding barn door hardware from NW Artisan Hardware. Wall color: SW Amazing Gray
We've also got carpet!! (I told you, tons happening) We decided to go with carpet in the master bedroom because we currently have hardwood in our bedroom and just both longed for plush floors again. I knew I wanted a low pile, textured carpet but I wanted it to be super soft for kids.
We went with Dreamweaver PureSoft Cashmere "Touch of Class" and ohmygah call me a carpet snob, but I'm obsessed. Reasonably priced too might I add. Glad I went with an even lighter color at the last minute, "Canary". Now let's see how difficult these bad boys are to keep clean. Buh.
 
Paint color Benjamin Moore Cashmere Gray
 Oh and if you need me, I'll just be here. Hanging out in our master shower.
Kinda lovin' my husband's idea of no tub, just a big shower. It turned out amazing!!! That's inexpensive 12x12 faux marble tile + marble basketweave in niche + gray grout + Delta Intuition + Delta Dryden in chrome to make one incredible combo. Thankful for Greenwood Decorating Center for helping me find this awesome, reasonably priced tile. One of our favorite features and well-worth-it splurges of the house. Pinch me now.
 
 
Hardware has been installed. The painters were painting the doors again yesterday and they looked even more amazing with one last fresh coat of white paint. They've still got to do another coat on the walls and lots of touching up. We used Sherwin Williams Pure White for our trim, entertainment center (which you can see a tee-tiny bit of here), and powder room vanity. I'll try to do a full paint list post at the end, because that's one thing that helped me so much...actually being able to see paint colors in photos before deciding.


Not much left to do and we're looking at 2-3 weeks or so. I'm just shooting for Valentine's Day to be safe. If before, I'll be pleasantly surprised. Now to get back to packing tonight. So ready and so THANKFUL for this blessing of a house. You have no idea. All of our hard work, patience, and saving for the last 6 1/2 years+ is beyond worth it. We are so ready to get moved in and start our new journey in this new home as a soon-to-be family of FOUR! Amazed by God's graciousness this year. HE is so good...and again, we are so thankful.

10 comments:

  1. ahhhhhhhh! can't wait for the big move in! and for many, many sleepovers with you, baby cade, and baby "willy b." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE! So jealous! It all looks beautiful!! Love the granite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks friend, I love your backsplash!!! (if that's yours in pic of boys eating cereal for first time...they are presh) Did you do white grout with subway tile or gray grout? Suggestions? What should I do? It's the very last decision to be made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK GOD!

      Delete
  3. I love it all!! It is going to be absolutely amazing!! Cannot wait to see more pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg!!!! Loooooove how it's turning out and all your choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lady, means a lot coming from you with your fabulous taste!!! I just wish you lived closer so you could tell me now what the heck am I going to put on these windows. Eeeeeek. I'm burnt out with the decision making. HA!

      Delete
  5. OMG....Adorable.. This looks awesome.. I love the paint colors and I love the dinning room light.. I can't wait to see more pics!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019