spring front porch

Monday, May 16, 2016

I love a front porch. 

When researching house plans, I knew we had to have a big front porch. 

I envisioned a porch with rocking chairs, big ferns, fans to create a breeze on steamy hot Southern Summer days, and a cold glass of iced sweet tea to top it off.

We absolutely love how ours turned out and it's one of my favorite things about our home. I spend a lot of time out there rocking my sweet Charlie, watching cars go down the road or we will watch big brother and daddy play t-ball. I hope they grow up with lots of sweet memories on this porch. 

For Mother's Day I finally got the Michael Healy pineapple door knocker I've wanted since before we even moved in AND I finally moved both rocking chairs to one side to make room for a matching glider since we couldn't hang up a swing (because of the ceiling fans). Throw in new flowers, cushions, rug, etc... for this Spring and this is what we've got...



our fern planters are PLASTIC from Lowe's (I think I snagged on sale for $6.98 each) and the Boston ferns were on sale at Lowe's too. I think $12ish each.







this was an old watering can from my grandparent's that I spray painted and dolled up, so Chad says...


our rocking chairs and table are several years old so they are a bit chipped and weathered, but as long as they're still working we will still use them. Love!










outdoor sconces // Kichler Nautical Wall Light 
fern, planters, rocking chairs // Lowes
rocking chair cushions + pillows // Ballard Designs Outlet
Batik Monogrammed Rug // Frontgate
Hinkle Plantation Glider in Black // Wayfair
landscape lighting // Sam's Club (they were on sale for $29.99 / 10 pack when I bought them)
pineapple door knocker // by Michael Healy via Amazon

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks friend! Now if only I had your Savannah views from my front porch!!!! Aaaaaaahhhh....

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019