lately.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Lately we've been doing a lot of snuggling...with my "little Elvis" right here.
That hair! Those sideburns. Y'all, I could just eat him up!


Last Tuesday his pediatric office called and said his thyroid levels were abnormal on his newborn screening and he needed more blood work. I didn't panic (too much), but we went the next morning and the results came back perfectly fine by that afternoon! He gained major points with big brother when he came home with an Avengers bandaid on his foot. Poor baby.


"But mama he's cooooooold"


This photo should be titled "Cade. Wuz. Here"

Hilarious!


On Wednesday night my younger sis came over and spent the night since her husband had a late away game (he coaches Legion baseball during Summer). She got up late morning and helped with Charlie so I could get more rest. THEN she kept both boys while Chad went back to work and I ran to Anderson for a much needed mani/pedi and to grab some groceries! She is thebomb.com yes.
She's always been so good with kids. I am trying to convince them to have me some nieces or nephews soon! Not working.

O.P.I. Bubble Bath for the win!
Friday morning we had Charlie's two week check up. Whew, yes busy week!
Big brother Cade looked SO grown sitting across the waiting room from me. I feel like it was just yesterday we were there for HIS two week check up. Time freakin flies.

Charlie weighed 9lb at his 2 week check up. Up a whole pound in one week. I was so proud!


After the check up, I worked two hours or so at Sugar's tent sale (still major savings going on now online here) and then I was completely wore out and spent the rest of the afternoon doing the really important stuff...you know like spending time coloring with my boy...


Saturday morning meant even more cartoons and snuggles in mama & daddy's bed!
Check out Charlie's smile. I die!

Then we loaded up to head over to Aunt Monk and Uncle Wayne's pool. Charlie's first time, even though he spent 100% of his time inside chillin in the cool a/c.


I snagged Charlie's little swimmie from a sample sale at market and I thought it looked mighty familiar to something Cade had before. See, who wore it best? :) 

The pool day was fabulous and much needed since I was itching to get out of the house more. It also felt a heck of a lot better sitting by the pool now than it did a few weeks ago at nine months prego!
The sis in law made awesome "pool drinks" and Cade, of course, had a blast with his cousins.



Sunday morning silliness in mama's glasses.


and he looooves to help me give Charlie a bath!


So that's what we've been up to! Yes, I feel like it's been non stop but my doctor (who delivered Charlie) came in Sugar Friday and while chatting, she even said...
"...with the second one, you just hit the ground running!"

It's so true! You've done it before, it's not your first rodeo, and you just keep on going.
Crazy how different it is than when we had Cade, but we are still just trying to take it easy and soak in these first few precious weeks. The newborn sleepless nights are hard...but I know we will blink and he will no longer be a newborn. Trying to take it all in. Up next, I'll try to get around to posting his birth story!

2 comments:

  1. OMG Charlie looks just like Cade in that smiling picture!!! I mean they look so much alike anyways but, still! Too precious!! & Yes y'all have been on the go but, I see that from a lot of 2nd time moms/families!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i knooooow sometimes he looks just like Cade and Chad, sometimes I see my baby pictures when I look at him! Crazy! and go ahead have you another one girl, piece of cake....piece of cake ;) ;) [totes kidding over here...]

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019