one more beach trip

Monday, June 8, 2015

Well we just thought our NMB trip would be our first and last beach trip of the Summer, but we were wrong (thank goodness). We love being a little spontaneous, so when the hubs asked if Cade and I wanted to go with him down to Isle of Palms with friends (he's went several times deep sea fishing) I was finally able to say YES! since I had no prior commitments. No more weddings to photograph, busy to-do lists, etc... I just wanted to go relax and spend one more weekend on the beach. One last weekend with just our little family of three, even if I was {gulp} 35 1/2 weeks prego. 

Our friends were so gracious to allow a big group of us to come down. Most had all been to visit before, but it was a first for me. I had never even been to Isle of Palms period and of course, it was gorg. Their house was beachfront and so nice. We literally stayed out there on the beach every single day and the weather was amazing.

As soon as we got there Cade made friends with Avery (10 year old niece to Lenny & Stacey). He's all about older women, Im telling you. She was a God send and helped entertain all the little ones...


We got to IOP around 3ish Thursday after leaving straight from my dr. appt. We enjoyed a few hours on the beach, then hit up Acme for dinner. The lobster tail special was so good! This prego mama was all about some food, let me tell you.


The next day we hit the beach bright and early to soak up lots of sunshine (and catch up on my trash mags, which I haven't had an ounce of time to do)


Friday it was only in the low 80s and felt amazing. Nice breeze, but we kept the sunscreen on like whoah because the sun was H-O-T.


Cade had fun playing with the other kiddos and we were out there for a full six hours I know.
This meant come 8pm when we were cooking a low country boil, we had one very tired, tan, and red-eyed (bc of the saltwater) little boy!


After a good night's rest it was time to do it all again...


He is such a fish. LOVES the ocean!


...but after a long day, this is his pose. He does get grumpy.


Nothing a little nap on the beach, all cuddled up in my Lauren James Beach Blanket, won't fix.
He fell asleep in my arms. I had 36 pounds laying on one side then about 6 pounds in my belly pressing against my organs. Yeah, not the most comfortable situation...but I just laid there with my feet in the ocean, the breeze and sun on my face, and knew relished in that moment because I knew the next time we would be at the beach would never be like this again. I hope to soak up every moment of these next few weeks with my "only child" for now. I know lots of changes are heading his way (a.k.a. his world is going to be rocked) so I hope to make it special for him and spend as much QT with him as possible!


That day the men had all been out deep sea fishing so later in the evening we rode to the marina to see what they got. Not much luck that day, but we had enough to make mahi fish tacos. Yum.


Sunday we all got up and headed back home. Cade kept asking "Why we gotta leave?" and trust me, I sure didn't want to either. 


It was such a nice little break from our "nesting" and "to-do's" at home. Now it really is time to sit back and wait on baby Charlie to get here. There's a couple more things I need to get done over the next four weeks (my car is in the shop for one thing, that's a whole different story), but overall I feel content, relaxed, and ready. I'm so much more laid back this go round.

Thankful for fun time with friends and a little sun on my shoulders! 
Perfect kickoff to Summer. Hope everyone had a great weekend too. 

2 comments:

  1. Ahh! This looks amazing!! I cannot wait to go to the beach but, we won't get there until late this Summer - 6 hrs away! BOO! Looks & sounds like y'all had a great time! I do love random, spur-of-the-moment trips!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw Jack's first beach trip will be SO much fun! I hope we can squeeze in another even way later in the Summer - maybe September, even with a somewhat newborn. I just can't wait to go back!!!!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019