// 38 weeks //

Wednesday, June 24, 2015


"Mom Boss" tee available here.
How Far Along: 38 Weeks TODAY and feeling every bit of it.

Size of baby: size of a swiss chard (whatever that is) 19-22 inches and 6.5 lbs estimate

Total Weight Gain/Loss: mmmm, about 35 lbs now because I've been eating everything in site. I gained 3 lbs just the last week. Eeek.

Maternity Clothes:  mostly just all maternity dresses at this point because that's all that's comfy. At night I've even resorted to Chad's boxers...and his XL tees. It's all that fits (and it's also SO hot!)

Gender:  BOY! Jack Charles "Charlie" McClain

Movement: not AS much, but still pretty good movement yes. He's one strong baby

What I miss: sleeping on my back, my regular clothes, wine, and my rings (just took them off bc of swelling)

Cravings: grapes, cantaloupe, pickles, ice cream, cookie cake, mexican...you name it. I crave it.

Symptons: heartburn and then just getting really really tired. I have surges of energy in the morning but then come afternoon, I just want a nap. This super record high heat has not been helping either. It's draining!!

Best Moment this week: just soaking up extra special time with Cade. We've spent a lot of time just being in the pool (which is awesome for me bc the belly then feels weightless...aaaaahhhh) and getting every little detail ready for Charlie's arrival! 

He has been so sweet. Just before I took this pic he took "his baby" (the stuffed animal) out of Charlie's bassinet and handed him to me, only to then tell me I wasn't holding him right!!! Yep, he's going to be a handful, but a very good big {protective} brother I do believe.


Another highlight to our week is that we've also been so blessed with awesome surprises in the mail from super sweet friends. Some of the most amazing little gifts in these packages that I can't wait for Charlie to wear!


Also I can't believe I'm posting these but just to show you how deceiving that first pic is - here's what this ol' belly REALLY looks like. Chad snapped this on his phone just last night while sitting outside at my mom's. Please excuse the outfit - I told y'all nothing fits but Chad's big t-shirts. 
I mean it literally looks like I'm smuggling a basketball under there...


Which led to my two comedians trying to be funny with balloons (Chad had recently bought the large bouncy balloons with string that you do like a yo-yo and then regular balloons for Cade to make water balloons. Anything to entertain!). He would die if he knew I posted this, but how freakin' hilarious. They keep me laughing that's for sure and I can't imagine living with THREE silly men in this house! Omg.


I go back to the doctor tomorrow morning and can't wait to see if there's anymore progress. I walked a LOT outside with Cade bc it was February, but ummm I'm not walking in this 102 heat. I am eating eggplant parm tonight when I go to dinner with a friend. I've also been drinking raspberry leaf tea. Last week I was only 1cm dilated. I really do not progress easily on my own (that was my problem last delivery and I had major pitocin for about 12 hours + of labor) so I'm hoping maybe I can beg for an induction at 39 weeks next week? If they're going to have to use pitocin anyways! Might as well right??? Wishful thinking, but yes I will update soon! Back to nesting I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019