NMB Trip 2015

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

How is May almost halfway over? Geez!

Life has been a little crazy lately. So much going on making a girls trip to market + family trip to the beach was just what I needed this past week. 

I will say since I've been back it has been right back to full chaos craziness again though. I'm down to one employee at the store now that the college girls went back home and that one employee is on a cruise this week. Lucky. Then Cade's sitter is on vaca until the 19th. That means Cade has been spending a lot of time at Sugar (aka mommy has got nothing done and I'm so behind), then throw in a nasty cold and ear infection to make Cade go to the doctor today and well yep, I'd really rather be at the beach again. Just very thankful he can come to work with me. I saw this quote today and it slapped me in the face (I love how God does that right when we need it huh?)...

"Children are not a distraction from the most important work, they are the most important work" - C.S. Lewis

Yep. Just ust have to make it through this week and photograph a friend's wedding this weekend and I feel like it's smooth sailing until baby Charlie gets here. Let's not jinx myself though, right?

For now, here's lots of pics from our annual beach trip to North Myrtle Beach. This year was one to remember as tropical storm Ana was making her way into town. We didn't have a lot of sun, more like a lot of rain, but that was God's way of saying we all just needed to rest and relax inside and we sure were thankful the clouds parted just enough for us to enjoy a little bit of beach time and fun activities at night!

Hey even if I get to just sit and do some porch rockin' with this sweet boy and his daddy, that's good enough for me. I also enjoyed lots of laughs with my own mama (and sister...and one of my besties) so it surely made for an awesome Mother's Day weekend!


These women right here = my rock. Don't know what I would do without them!


my other "rock", my rock solid hubs. He got up and cooked us a full course homemade breakfast two out of the three mornings were were there, then Saturday night he whipped up an amazing low country boil - complete with crab legs per my request - all because it was too crazy of weather to go anywhere. Trust, he knows the way to my heart...  
(and you see where Cade gets his good skin color from right? Mmmmmhmmm...its' ridiculous!!)


We got down there Wednesday night and Thursday was pretty much a bust, but that night the clouds parted and we were able to go to Broadway. We hit up the Dinosaur Adventure (bc inside and thought Cade would love, which he did but ummm I would not spend that $ again) Then we finally got to go to Margaritaville, which we want to do every year just because a fun {somewhat entertaining} place to take Cade and it's always a three hour wait. That was the nice thing about 1. going to the beach in May before kids are out of school and 2. going on a weekend during a tropical storm. It was sooo different than when we usually go in June/July. Definitely going in May from here on out! 




This kid is. too. much. 
I said "Look Cade! It's Sugar! Let's take a pic" and apparently he thought we were at the other Sugar, because he started posing just like my models do. His daddy just shook his head and walked away.
Hilarious.


As far as beach time, what little we got Cade loved every minute. He loves, loves, loves the beach!
He wouldn't stay out of the freezing water and had to be buried in the sand...


and he spent a lot of time "playing baseball" on the beach this year, his new favorite thing to do thanks to Uncle Mack, my sis's husband, who is head baseball coach at Strom Thurmand High in Edgefield. One reason why he didn't get to come down until Friday...baseball playoffs.
Aunt Coco has gotten good at being catcher.


looking out for Tropical Storm Ana. 
I swear he thought we were talking about Ana from Frozen the whole time.


Lots of ice cream faces and front porch rockin' during afternoon showers. Wouldn't trade it for the world. I wish I could bottle up this fun age!


Definitely had a lot of time this weekend to just relax, reflect, and be THANKFUL for these incredible blessings...


To have one big healthy boy sitting ON my belly, then one big healthy boy IN my belly...
could not be more grateful for these precious gifts! 


On Friday night we met up with my bestie Cameron and her parents (who are from NMB) and went to the pirate show again, Cade's FAVORITE. Omg he's obsessed with anything pirates.



It was a great show/meal as usual, but I think next year we will take a break and errrrrr...just hope he doesn't ask about it again until maybe a few years down the road when Charlie can enjoy too. ha

After the show, it was so nice outside we couldn't resist taking him to play putt-putt for the first time.
He was soooo serious about it! Future Spieth in the making. We wish.


Finally a group pic of ALL of us, Uncle Mackers included and "Auntie Cam", 
basically like our other sister!


Thankful Ana waited until the day we left to really come ashore. Nothing major, just sheets of drenching rain and wind but didn't stop us from hitting up the pancake house on the way out of town for a Mother's Day breakfast.


Again, it was a fabulous weekend and just what we needed. Loved spending some QT with my boys and my fam. This is likely the last trip before baby and we decided not to do our usual Fripp trip this year because of that, but I do hope we can sneak in one more quick visit to the beach before the very end of Summer...with two boys instead of one. I can not wait! It's definitely my happy place.

Hope all you hard workin' mamas had a great Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019