snapshots around the new casa

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

So we moved nearly a month ago and we are slowly but surely getting settled. Within the past few weeks, I've had several ask about pics of the new casa. We are by no means fully unpacked, fully settled, and sure as heck not fully decorated (aka: Cade's room is the only room with anything over the windows besides paper temp shades). We probably won't be for a while, so while I would love to snap my fingers and have everything perfectly in it's place... I have to keep in mind what Marquillyn Smith said in her book "The Nesting Place", "It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful..." ....and useful, and amazing, and so much better than before! Yes.

Oh and we certainly haven't let it stop us having friends and family over to cook for and entertain and if it's not all perfect by the time baby boy is here, well hey that's fine too! Isn't a house really always a work in process? I'd like to think so.

A shot of some of the exterior (garage is to the left). Stickers still on the dormer windows, no landscaping, no grass...see what I mean? Plenty left to do, BUT we finally got our porch railing painted last Saturday and I just love it. Wish those darn gutters weren't covering up my columns but I am thrilled with how the porch turned out and can't wait to turn on those fans and enjoy it in the evenings when the sun sets behind the house. The front door just looked so "blah"since we don't have our door knocker up yet, so I threw up a monogram I had and Chad's immediate response was a look and "Sandi. Isn't that a little girly?" Ummm, no! It's blue. I mean I could have done pink, right? 






Our open shelving in the kitchen is one of my favorite things.


Along with my hot pink barn light in the laundry room! We did without cabinets in there for now, since we had that small cleaning closet to hold necessities, but I do hope to have a friend build some open shelving for me so things are even more easily accessible. 


Confession: I went ahead and pulled out the bunnies! Easter really is right around the corner. Never been more excited and ready for SPRING? Who's with me?

I also looooved unpacking china from a box topped with a handwritten a note from my precious grandma Hall from years ago. That box had been sitting up in our barn just patiently waiting to make it's way into our china cabinet (before I had just placed our everyday china serving pieces in there because we didn't have enough room). I am so glad I didn't even bother with registering for fine china, because this simple china she left me is just so much more special and meaningful. All white with the tiniest gold trim. Both of my grandmother's were the classiest, most chic ladies I must say. So blessed to have little reminders of them (and all of our precious grandparents) throughout our new home. 


I've said this before, since both of our parents were only children that means there was a lot of antique furniture left to us three grandkids (my sister and half-brother).  What a blessing! This piece of furniture was so dirty just sitting down at the shop, but I knew it would look just perfect cleaned up and used as a linen cabinet in our new master bathroom. It has exceeded my expectations. Now no, I do not keep the boxwood wreath on it at all times since we do open/close those doors every day, but it had a nail already at the top of it and I thought hey, why not for the pic. I am glad I pulled out my good camera to snap a few pics, because once our TWO wild boys get ahold of this house in the years ahead, it may look nothing like this. HA! Let's remember it as fresh and new mmmkay?


We may not have mirrors yet...but we have monograms! #priorities.

(I took these pics last weekend and big news: we have since received our mirrors and got them hung. More pics on that later because you won't believe where I found them!)



Sneak peek of our closet, which I have yet to really organize and I just knew that would be the first thing I'd want to get my hands on. 

*Sigh*...if only I weren't pregnant, tired all the time, and had an hour or so to spare.



More antiques, like this mirror from my papa's house that fit perfect in the powder room.
Paint touch ups have also happened since I've taken these pics!


We basically reused all of our old furniture, but I did buy a new ottoman from World Market (waited until it was on major sale) to use as coffee table and I am obsessed. So lightweight, the perfect shade of blue, and it just looks great with our chocolate brown sectional. 


Glimpse into Cade's room. Still need to hang this pic and more, but it's coming along and I love all the color...


The boys' bath. We joke and call it a "jack and jack" instead of "jack and jill"...


It's a little tight, but think it will be the perfect size. That piece of art was one of the first things I bought for their rooms. I found it at a big trade show at market, straight from the artists' booth. I knew it was the perfect piece for what I thought was just going to be Cade's bathroom, but now that it's a bathroom for TWO boys I just love it even more...

(that striped frame needs to have a picture sticking to it...)


and just because I like to keep it real here on the ol' blog...what you see is what you get...so let's not forget a pic of Charlie's nursery. Baaaaaah!!!! Bless it. 


I told you, work in progress is our theme right now.

All in good time, my friends, all in good time. Until then, we are just relishing in the joy that comes from our NEW HOME. Could not be more thankful. We have certainly been enjoying it and appreciate our parents who have helped us work hard getting things organized, cleaned, decorated, etc...
It has been life changing in such a good way.

More updates soon!

12 comments:

  1. looks awesome! can't wait to come visit again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! Love it all!! I especially love the piece you're using for your linen closet!! I know you mentioned having someone build you some cabinets for the laundry room but, we have several stores called Habitat Restore, it's where people & builders take their extra stuff & donate for a tax write off & you can go buy it for a deep discount. We bought a door for our old rental house so Matt could put a doggy door in it & it was a fraction of the cost! I know I've seen different cabinets & stuff there so, might be worth a shot if there's one anywhere near y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love it! I really love your taste in home decor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful!! More pics please esp of that gorgeous kitchen!! Take a pic of your floor plan too, that's what I like to see so I can get a gist of where everything is. I could look at floor plans all day long!:-). So exciting!!! Love all the countertops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes yes i will try to add more pics, but it's usually a hot mess around here. my goodness I can not get caught up and the "wish list" is never ending (not enough time or $$). I never posted our house plan bc someone told me once don't do that or the big bad blog thieves (like seriously??) will know exactly how to break into your home. WTH. *shakemyhead*, but anyways it's the Guilford by Frank Betz. We just true reversed the entire plan so our garage would face trees to the right, not our neighbors house to the left. We made a few minor interior changes during the building process, but all in all it's a quaint little versatile plan that is working well for us so far. I love it! (ask me again though when there's TWO wild boys running around in here....HA jk jk)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019