// valentine's weekend //

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Our funny little Valentine on Friday morning before his V-Day party at Mrs. Kims. 
With Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle candy heart treats straight out of the bag for the win! 
We did do Jake & the Neverland Pirates valentine cards for the first time too. He loved.


Saturday morning we woke up and Grami had left us doughnuts from the day before. 
Woohoo!! I was also just so relieved to have my first full day off since the big move. 
Started off to be a very SWEET day...

Big shout out to our parents and siblings who have helped us so much throughout the moving process, whether it be sweeping floors, moving boxes, or just making sure we are FED. 
We can not thank you all enough!! 


We unpacked even more, cleaned, and Beth stopped by after lunch to bring us a sweet housewarming gift and we were all going to see her grandmother at the Due West retirement center.

Oh but first he and Bef had to do matching spiderman "pah-toos" (tattoos)


Isn't this the most darling housewarming basket? What a sweet surprise!!


Cade had a few Valentine's treats for Mrs. Wilma (she just lost her son a few weeks ago and we just knew we had to stop by with lots of love and cheer to make her smile, even if for just a bit). Cade took his guitar and sang a few songs for all of the ladies out in the living area. He even hopped up in one lady's lap who was putting together a puzzle. I really am so glad he is mr. social butterfly and I can't wait to take him to see Mrs. Wilma and the ladies again soon (and many times this year) so that he can always grow up with a soft spot in his heart for his elders just like I have. 

All but one of my grandparents were in a nursing home or rehabilitation center at some point and for a long time before they passed, it was all I ever knew. I miss them so much. Courtney and I were the only grandchildren on both sides (both parents were only children) so 1. yes we were spoiled rotten and 2. they all practically helped raise us. The time spent with them is so precious. Thankful that Beth let us crash her party and spend some time with her oh-so-sweet grandma. It warmed my heart on V-Day. Just what I needed!


Chad and I decided not to do gifts because we kinda sorta have a "LIST TO BUY FOR NEW HOUSE" full of oh, maybe a million things. (I mean, you know, you forget you need new toilet bowl brushes to clean with. Silly stupid stuff like that, which adds up quiiiick) So we decided what would be THE absolute best V-Day gift to each other is took cook our first real meal in the new house and just BREATHE and enjoy! Grami so graciously offered to keep Cade for the evening and we did just that. We honestly had been so crazy busy moving things in and out, having family/friends over constantly to help, that it was only went our heads hit the pillow that we even got to talk and enjoy a few moments just the two of us. It was so nice to have the whole evening to just take it all in.

I went to get groceries while he moved even more stuff from "the old house", bless his heart. I even splurged on $7 flowers at Ingles to spruce up the breakfast table since the dining room table was slap full of junk to be put away.

this little table and chairs was one of my very first purchases for our former house, right after we married. $100 bucks from Wal-Mart of all places and it has served us well. Chad's mom is refinishing a gorgeous table for us that they do not use anymore, but in the meantime we're sticking with our Wal-Mart table and I must say, I may even be a little sad when we let her go...
We splurged on filet from Court Square Market in Abbeville (the best meats in town!). I came home and used a peppercorn marinade while Chad fired up the Big Green Egg. The only thing left I had to do (since I forgot the asparagus. Pregnancy brain) is bake the potatoes and put together a yummy spinach salad. It was absolutely delish. Chad topped my filet with blue cheese and it seriously was melt. in. my. mouth good. Worth every penny y'all. If you want filet, GO to Court Square. Oh then we finished off our meal with Court Square Chocolate Chip Cheesecake. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and best part is my pregnant self didn't have to stand up on my feet waiting for hours to get into a restaurant. My man can definitely grill and this mama can definitely eat. Food is the way to our hearts, if you can't tell :)


After dinner we had all intentions of getting back to unpacking, but we were so exhausted from the week/day we had, that we settled in for a movie!

Our first Valentine's Day in the new casa was a success. I am so thankful for this first dinner, of many, in this new home and I am so thankful for the man sitting across the table having dinner with me! He has worked so hard, day in and day out, to even make this dream come true and has worked even harder the past few weeks to move us in. Glad he's my forever Valentine and here's to many more delicious meals under this roof!

2 comments:

  1. how fun, makes me want donuts! love the new house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a sweet post!!! happy valentines day :)
    xo,
    grace
    styleartandgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019