new home sweet home: making a house a home

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Welp, can you believe it? 

We MOVED!

Sunday night we spent our very first night in the new house.

Granted, I had no idea where my contact case was...or my socks...or pots and pans.

Nor do I STILL know where those items are, but we are here and we are happy!
Days later and I just now feel like I have caught my breath.

Very thankful for the ton of help we received this past weekend from family and friends who made the big move a lot less painful. We appreciate you more than you know. 

Now the real fun begins. Time to dig ourselves out of these mounds of boxes.

One thing I found in a box was this door mat I ordered around the same time we started this whole house building journey, nearly two years ago. Being able to place this on our front door step {even though yep, socks and all still missing...oh but we've got a front door mat} this past week literally brought tears to my eyes. To see this "dream" of ours come true, that we've had for almost seven years since married, is pretty emotional...ok, especially for a pregnant lady.


It sure is sweet...but a little bittersweet leaving our old house where we made so many amazing memories. I will always miss that house and what it means to me. It really has been an emotional week.

Making this new house our new one is certainly going to be a process and take time, but I am sooo looking forward to getting settled and making lots of new sweet memories as a soon-to-be family of FOUR. 

Still so surreal to even say all this.

God has blessed us immensely and we could not be more grateful.
Prayers we get through all the boxes (No, seriously? How do three people accumulate this much stuff in such a short time?) and prayers I get a day off soon to do so. Bah!

 More house post coming soon, as well as more posts about the wee babe. We had an ultrasound today and everything looked great. Thank you Lord. Our cup runneth over!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019