Take Me to CHURCH!

Monday, December 15, 2014

Eric Church, that is.

Friday night we went to the Eric Church "Outsiders" concert at Bon Secours in Greenville! This was the 4th time I had seen him in concert, once standing AT the freakin stage at Littlejohn in Clemson (hands down one of best concerts ever, again with my sister at that one too and Chad's cousin Jackie) when he was first getting started and everything was standing room/pit only. Crazy how fast he has worked his way up and for good reason. Bon Secours was packed out. 

We purchased tickets back in April and I knew it would be the perfect Christmas gift for Court and Mack. We'd all been looking forward to this for a long, long time. You see, Chad and I loooooove Eric Church...but my bro-in-law Mack like looooooooooooooooooves Eric Church. There's not a lyric he doesn't know. They were thrilled with their "Christmas presents" needless to say! This was really mine and Chad's Christmas to each other too. No gifts to open, nothing we need, nope just a fun night out listening to one of our favorites. I'd take that any day! My other bro-in-law Wayne and Chad's sis Monica also got tickets along with bestie Casey and his girlfriend Kenzie. We had all been there last time Eric played at Bon Secours (back when it was Bi-Lo Center) when he opened for Jason Aldean. Floor seats...and here we were back...floor seats, all over again. A "family tradition" I suppose.

Quick photo as we walked by all the trucks on the long walk to the show...


Dwight Yoakam opened the show. Kinda crazy, but you'd know more songs of his than you think.
Honky Tonk Man being one of my favs. He still sounds exactly the same and I mean, how old is this dude?


Me and the sista waiting on CHURCH!


Eric Church is just good. I'd take him over Luke Bryan any day. Granted I love me some Luke (I mean, hello have you seen him?) but when it comes to lyrics and down right good ol' country music...Eric takes the cake any day and just tells it like it is. Luke's songs lately are just dumb. Anyone else feel me on this? 

If you haven't listened to Eric much, you need to get one of his first albums, "Carolina", and start with that. Some of the best. He also got a request from the audience and did "Livin Part of Life", one of our favorite oldies of his EVER. Such a good jam. He puts on a great show, very passionate about his music, his family, and the big man upstairs. What's not to love?


Love this pic!


Yes, this is zoomed in but we were still so close when he came out to the furthest part of the stage!!


Crazy group pic! Us four sat together...
nevermind the devil eyes and Chad looking like he is having zero fun. Ooooh he did. 


The other wild and crazy group, who sat together just a few rows apart from us!


Meanwhile while us parents were having a night out, sweet Mimi & Papa took these four little angels went to see Santa Claus and look at lights. Had to share this pic. I mean, does it get any cuter than this!?


Such a fun night but the rest of the weekend quickly went down hill...
still fighting this nasty cold. Thanks to walking 1,892 miles downtown Greenville Friday night, I'm sure. Buh. Hey, all worth it for EC! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019