// labor day weekend //

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Bright and early Saturday morning my long time-since-high school friend Heather and I headed to Georgia for a bachelorette day/night for our other long time-since-high school friend (actually I've known Kelly since birth. We were born three days apart , in hospital at the same time, and our moms were best friends). That's her right here...yes, that one.


Gail is one of the most fun "moms" you'll ever meet. When the mother-of-the-bride is this pumped, you know it's going to be a good time!

...and it was. Lots of laughs, lots of fun...success! Life gets so busy these days that sometimes we don't take time to catch up with "old friends" or heck even our newer ones. I'm very fortunate to have such a great group of friends, some I've known since high school, some since college. Some I talk to on a daily basis and some, we may go months before catching up. Making effort to stay in touch and have fun is so important! There's some college besties I soooo wish were closer and I need to make more of an effort to see. Your girlfriends are key pieces in this puzzle we call life, if you ask me. They help me keep my sanity, for one thing. Love them and enjoyed time with some of them this weekend, as well as making new friends too!


So on to Sunday when I returned back from GA and speaking of girlfriends... my bestie Ruth had a birthday that day and we went to her sister/bro-in-law for a fish fry! The kiddos had fun on the bad boy and it was again, good to catch up with the girls while the men fried fish and do what men do.



Monday morning rolled around and you would have thought it was Christmas morning. I'm telling you, not sure if Chad even slept that night before. Why, you ask? Opening day of dove season. A day that us wives have been waiting on (along with the men) for MONTHS so they will stop spending countless hours getting this field ready. Geez! We headed over to "Isbell Oasis" as we've named it (his sister/bro-in-law house/pool. truly an oasis! aaaahh...) that overlooks the precious dove field. We hung out with the kids all day while the men shot doves in the afternoon, then Big Cain (chad's daddy) had racks on racks on racks of ribs on the grill that evening.

me and my future dove hunter. 
Blakely is the BEST little helper EVER
I think he got one!!! Priceless.
Tailgates and tater chips
Deep convos with Posey on the cornhole boards he and daddy built.
Seriously, BFFs.
Last but not least, Kenzie (who dates Bassmaster fisherman Casey) and Leanne (married to Bassmaster fisherman and Outdoor Channel celeb (well in my eyes, bc that's what we watch 24/7 around here) Gerald Swindle) sporting Sugar's Baitin' and Castin' tanks! Even after a long day on the dove field with the men, aren't they so dang cute?


Fun, fun weekend, but whew I'm spent. Here's to a short work week and another fun weekend ahead. 
September is going to be cray-cray, but YAY for dove shoots, football season, and lots of fun Fall fashions. Wouldn't have it any other way!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! I agree, time with girlfriends is so important and I am guilty of not making time for it. That picture of baby boy in the camo shirt and with his gun is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that picture of posey and cade melts my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019