// five on friday //

Saturday, August 2, 2014

// one // 

West Elm has some of THE prettiest pretties for the kitchen. To say that I am excited about a new kitchen is an understatement. We are not going to know what to do with ourselves! I have been lusting over all new flatware, new dishtowels, new drawer organizers. All in good time, yes, but I've been trying to stock up for over a year now and buying things when I see them on sale! TJ Maxx, PB Outlet, Ballard Outlet, and West Elm sales have been my favorite places to stock up. Our TJ Maxx in Greenwood has a killer kitchen section. The best stuff! But I mean, back to West Elm, isn't this the prettiest drying rack you have ever seen? 



// two // 

I love a good sale and I'll be the first to rack up on clearance items. I've always been a bargain shopper, but I also love investing in key signature pieces that are timeless. The older I get, the more I realize how important this is. You really do "get what you pay for". It may hurt your wallet in the beginning just a tad, but in the long run you will actually save money because the PRODUCTS WILL LAST! I want to save up to buy a really awesome neutral handbag, rather than just buy several inexpensive colorful ones that I always get tired of using or never work with my outfit. This photo is a good example of timeless, classic pieces. A chic bun, red lipstick, a neutral cowl neck sweater, flattering black leggings, a fabulous nude handbag, gold jewelry, and knock out statement shoes! Perfection. (and worth. every. penny.)



// three // 

Back to the house and saving up. We certainly want an outdoor area for entertaining, because that's one of our absolute favorite things to do! We don't have this in the budget for now, but one day I would love to have a fabulous patio with a fireplace, a grilling area for Chad (necessity), plush seating. We love spending time outdoors and having a space for our family and friends to come join us too! We hope to invest one day and look forward to taking steps/phases to make our new little house a home. There are so many options. Too many!



// four // 

Love this image. Being a mama is no joke. (All mamas, can I get an "amen"?). I feel like I'm going 90 mph, being torn and pulled every which way during the crazy week, then on the weekends it's like a sigh of relief. Looking forward to having major snuggle time with Cade this weekend and next week. This age he's at can be so trying, driving me to wit's end, but it's also the sweetest time that I will never get back again. Every day I see more of a "little boy" and less of "my baby".



// five // 

This quote couldn't be more true. I have had one heck of a week, just slap craziness - but every time I get the urge to complain, gratitude kicks in and I realize the fullness and joyfulness of the week instead of all the stressful times!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019