obsessions: tolix inspired bar stools

Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Tolix Marais bar stool, which originated in France in 1934 by Xavier Pauchard. 

(didn't know you were getting a history lesson today, did you?)


I originally fell in love with this style of bar stool over a year ago when I saw the "Tolix inspired stools" (aka knock offs from Overstock.com) spray painted a bold tangerine in Emily Clark's home.


After seeing those (and even then, having future kitchen plans in mind) I sold the two barstools in our current kitchen on FB and lucked up on an amazing deal on Overstock.com for two sets of two.

We've used two in our current kitchen, even though not exactly the right height, for over a year now and I absolutely love them. We went with the classic stainless steel. I knew if we ever tired of that, I could whip out a can of spray paint! You know I'm tempted to paint them my favorite shade of blue....








The simple, industrial style isn't for everyone but when Chad and I talked about our future kitchen we knew we wanted that "look". The look of clean lines, simple shaker cabinets...painted in a darker color so they could withstand the dirt and grime of our wild boy (and wild BBQ grillin daddy). A huge sturdy stainless steel sink big enough to clean the ginormous pot we use for low country boils (or clean a whole turkey. kidding. At least I hope I'm kidding...) 

Let's face it...I'd love a gorgeous porcelain farmhouse sink...stunning white cabinets...delicate marble...but that's just not realistic for a kitchen that's used 75% by my husband. He loooves to cook/grill and God love him, he does make a hot mess, but when you taste his food you never complain about the mess. When it comes to entertaining, it's all him. I'm a lucky girl so helloooo, I certainly let him have a big hand in planning this kitchen. I want everything in our new home to be beautiful, of course, but practical and useful for our lifestyle. Oh and just for the record, Cade has spilled juice, smashed gummy worms on, and knocked over our bar stools 283928234 times within the past year and they still. look. brand. new. Can't wait to see everything come together soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019