:: five on friday ::

Friday, September 27, 2013

:: one ::


Wednesday was a dreary, rainy day and I was craving vegetable soup. I think partly because of the rainy day and part because I was probably malnourished from having the stupid stomach bug over the weekend and all week I've been CRAVING veggies. So I asked my mother in law how to make her vegetable soup, thinking it would be ridiculously difficult but it was actually ridiculously easy. Her exact words were "you can't mess this up" and well, you really can't! 

Sure, you can cut up fresh veggies and I'm sure that would make it so much better (and less processed and better for you), but if you're wanting to go the semi-homemade route like Sandra Lee, and something quick - then just try it this way. 

1 lb ground beef 
1 yellow onion
2 cans Veg All
2 cans Diced Tomatoes
1 can tomato soup

Brown hamburger meat with diced onion, drain and then add all of the cans and let simmer for an hour or so. THAT EASY and SO GOOD! Also they have cornbread muffins at Ingles, which I picked up too. So simple and fast, which is what I need since I don't get home until after 6:30.

:: two ::

My pick of the week at Sugar are these adorable Hatley shirtdresses! Y'all. They are insanely comfy. Seriously. Feel like pajamas, I could just sleep in them. 

Shop the Zig Zag or Black Stripe. Either way, you'll love them. Promise.

:: three ::

I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown in my office at Sugar. I'm coming in on Sunday to straighten up and I desperately want to paint the entire back room before I bring in my new desk, but I just don't know if there's enough hours in the day. Would love to change the dark teal wall color to this pretty light grey (BM Revere Pewter perhaps?) and have a desk like this instead of my current one where I can't. find. anything. It's chaotic and not a peaceful work space, that's for sure. 
I'll keep you updated on how it goes!


:: four ::

Couldn't resist posting this pic of my little sugar muffin this morning. He looks SO grown in this little shirt by Kapital K from The Frilly Frog. Why must they grow up so fast!!!! :(


:: five ::

Finally I'll leave you with my favorite Pinterest pinned quote of the week.



Happy Friday peeps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019