let's talk mantles.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

In our sunroom we have a mantle that was refurbished from Chad's grandparents barn, given a fresh coat of paint and installed before we moved in. I ordered this canvas from mPix in 2009 after a beach trip. Wasn't big enough, but eeehh we made it work. 


Knew I would change it out once we had a little one, so I finally ordered and received a larger canvas of our sweet boy at his first beach trip. The photo had a little "fog" because of the humidity but I love the way it turned out, the boardwalk and dunes in the background. Oh and his little smile.

The larger size is so much better. I debated whether to hang it like so...




or just sit in on the mantle like this (and hide the nail of course)


 I went with keeping it hanging but there's just one thing. The mantle has never turned out quite like I want it no matter what I add. It just doesn't have enough "oomph". Ideas?


You know, "oomph" like these. Going to play around with some things and switch it up when we decorate for his birthday party. For now, I'm just excited I get to see that smiling face every time I walk in our back door!

Here's a few of my favorites from Pinterest...

Remember the mirror above. Have a neat project coming up to share!



A Bowl Full of Lemons is one of my all time fav blogs ever. Her house is amazing!

Just for kicks, if we ever build, this is definitely what I would like {or dream} our mantle/fireplace would look like. We definitely want gas logs and both love stone around a fireplace. So cozy.


Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm off to ATL tomorrow for market. Hitting up Ikea and Homegoods on the way home, so maybe I'll find more inspiration for the mantle!

Praying the sleet and ice stays in northern ATL and not further down. I know we won't get any snow here but again, for those cold cold nights like tonight - that's when an awesome fireplace, like the one above, would come in mighty handy. Isn't it nice we get to "pin" every detail of our "dream homes" too. Aaaaah, if only?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019