our weekend

Monday, January 28, 2013

First up, surprise! A picture of Cade :)

Thursday night before I left: 
"What? You mean you don't brush your teeth like this?"


On Friday morning my sister and I braved the freezing rain the entire way to Atlanta and made it to market at around 10am. It was a jam packed day ordering TONS of amazing styles! 

The pearl embellished peplum top on the left? Sweet. as. shugah.
arriving in february


Britt Ryan Summer is going to be fun, as usual!


After a long day we settled into the Ritz, had dinner downstairs and were in bed by 9. Exhausting.
This was the first time I've stayed two full nights at market since I've had Cade. I would always try to cram it into one day, or maybe stay one night, but I knew that there was so much work to be done, I needed to truly take my time and stay an entire weekend. We got so much accomplished!


Saturday morning our first stop was to see Emily and her sweet mom Betsy at Southern fRock! 
This maxi was featured in last month's Southern Living. Did you spot it?


Two sweet ladies with a wonderful line we are proud to carry at Sugar.


We had fun ordering Spring, Summer, and Fall from some of your favorites!



Then what did we need after a long day? Real sugar, of course!


Sunday morning we stopped by Ikea to grab some things I needed for the store, only to find it was entirely too large for my car. Guess we'll be making a trip back to Charlotte maybe, since it's just as close and easier to get to than the ATL store.

I fell in love with this buffet. $499 (are you kidding me? its HUGE! Seriously, the drawers are ridiculous. so much room) and would match our china cabinet/dining room table perfectly. Can't wait until we have an actual dining room. One day...


Even though Court and I had a great time in Atlanta, I was more than ready to get home to my little man. What made it even better was coming home to this adorable package from my sweet friend and college roomie, also named Courtney. Her precious kiddos Cayden & Wyatt decorated it for us. How cute!!


They sent me the sweetest card and gift, then the cutest shirt for Cade! 

"Is this for MEEEEEEE?"


"Awww I love it!!!!"


He didn't want to let it go!

I am beyond blessed that no matter where life takes us, there's always those precious friends that are like stars. You know, the ones that you may not always see - but you always know they are there. God knew exactly what He was doing by bringing us together at Carolina as roomates. Now, years later, it has been so fun watching our families grow. Hope to see them soon!! 

Next up, I wish I had taken a picture of this small hallway in our house. It had an old air conditioning unit thermostat (hellloooo, why have we waited FIVE years to take that down?) and two framed photos my roommate in Italy took of Florence when we studied abroad together. The frames were black, dark and I also had framed Italy photos on the walls going into the bedrooms (to the right of this pic). So a few Ribba frames from Ikea yesterday helped me whip up this gallery wall last night, even though I still need to tweak it and add more photos / rearrange.

The chevron print I ordered from GroopDealz forever ago and it hid the awkward non-painted spot where the thermostat use to be. A tiny update, but oh how it makes the world of difference!


Finally, I leave you with a pic of Cade and his "Ikea surprise". I couldn't come home without bringing him something. Missed this sweet smile SO much!


Ready to finish up projects around the home so we can have all of our family/friends over for his party this weekend. Oh and finish planning/preparing/buying supplies for his party too. 
Nothing like last minute right? 

Maybe, just maybe, it's because I'm still in complete and utter denial that my baby is actually going to be a year old Sunday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019