5 Years

Thursday, May 17, 2012

5 years ago today I was asked one simple question that changed my life forever.
 On May 17th, 2007 Chad proposed...on his birthday!

I remember it like it was yesterday. I had planned a day full of surprises. He had no clue where we were going or what we were doing. First up was the BMW Pro Am in Greenville where we spent the entire day watching celebs like Kevin Costner and Darius Rucker on the golf course. Fun fun time. Then we went to dinner and I had planned for us to see Josh Kelley and Hootie & the Blowfish at the BiLo Center. Music and golf: two of Chad's favorite things. Before we went in to the concert is when he decided to propose. Yep, right there in the good ol' BiLo Center parking lot. Looking back, I can tell he was soooo nervous. I guess I have to hand it to him...trying to "plan" exactly when to propose when he had absolutely no idea what we were even doing that day, was pretty brave of him. Doesn't matter where or when because it was one of the best days of my life and the beginning of our life together.

No we did not plan to wear plaid 
Mandatory pics post engagement. We look so young.
How did we meet? We were best friends in high school. Yes,  just friends. Like the movie. We've technically known each other since elementary school, 6th grade - that's almost 17 years. We never dated in high school, I thought of him as too much of a "friend" and honestly neither of us thought of being anything more. BUT long story short...a couple  years...guys...and heartaches later, I truly realized that when all is said and done, the only person I could ever see myself with forever is...well, my best friend. Him. We went separate ways following high school and after years of not even speaking or seeing each other, we were reunited, sparks were ignited and we finally made it official in 2005. We went through a lot, but we were certainly meant to be. No way around it. The Lord knew what he was doing!

We had almost 1 year 1/2 engagement which I loved and appreciated since I started a business and lost my dad during that time. Now 5 years later we are blessed with a beautiful baby boy and I am SO glad that the surprise was actually on ME on that May 17th.

...and HAPPY 29th BIRTHDAY Chad!
{I'll have to show him this because he barely knows what a "blog" is}

if you haven't seen the new duet with Martina McBride and Train, check out the video here. I can't get enough of this song for those newly engaged [i.e. my sister and my wonderful employee/store manager, Brittany who got engaged Tuesday!] . I'm a sap, I know. But seriously enjoy your engagement. All the fun parties, showers, planning. Forget all the stress and relish in that time. It goes by too fast and it's so much fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019