new home sweet home: december updates

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Before things get too crazy with Christmas, I thought I'd do a house update for this month. In addition to the pics I'll post here, we've also had garage doors installed, all exterior lights installed, all trim installed and primed, and siding completely finished. There's still more to be done to the exterior (well and interior, of course) but it is coming together pretty quickly as we near the light at the end of the tunnel. Hooray!

So first up, more interior light fixtures were also installed. Not all, but several more...dining room included. Errrr, even though we need to straighten it up a bit. It's the Claire Chandelier from Ballard Designs that I snagged at the outlet about 1/2 the retail price. Just so glad the darn thing worked. I can remember almost literally strapping this bad boy in the back seat (so delicate, no box) as me and the girls stopped by Ballard on way to market earlier this year. I absolutely love it and can't wait to share more of the dining "area" (it's not really a room) once they've finished.


ohmygosh and then there's the foyer light. Chad said "Uh yeah, just flip it on". Ummm, ok.

Then, wow. 

Disco party in the foyer...all night long. 

Who knew my other little Ballard Outlet steal would make such a dramatic statement??? Chad said "Sandi, did you MEAN for guests to feel like they were entering the twilight zone as the entered our home?" Oops. So proud of this little light as it was the very first one I purchased. Nearly $250 online at Ballard and it was a close out one day at outlet, still in boxes for $50 buckaroos. So yeah, it went home with me even when I had no freakin' idea where I would even use it. Chad thinks it may take him a while to get use to it, but eeeeeeh...for that price we will see how it works out. For now, just fine. I actually love it (and it's actually a deep golden color to blend with the dining room chandelier, rather than the black it appears to be here)


Oh and also we've got hardwood going in as of yesterday! We snuck by last night and they had some of the living area down with most of the kitchen finished. They still have dining room, foyer, and hallway to finish up, but I think they should be done by tomorrow. They work fast, plus our floors are pre-finished so they are literally just tacking it all down plank by plank. I love the hand-scraped, wide plank look that we went with. I knew I would love it because it's actually the exact hardwoods used in the new house of some of our best friends' who moved in back in Feb. Yep, same builder too. They made our hardwood choice EASY, so thank you friends. Cheers to our fun floors! Oh and cheers to having cabinets installed soon after the floors are down. YES.


Also, because this is somewhat new house related - Serena & Lily began their private sale today, up to 65% OFF! I've blogged before about my love for Serena & Lily, starting with Cade's baby bedding and being hooked ever since. They have kids pajamas marked way down, don't miss that. Also great deals on everything else, including this Pom Throw in aqua (only $34!!) that I've been lusting over for quite a while. I told Chad he could wrap it up for me for Christmas. Going to look awesome on our dark brown couch and we are desperately in need of a new, fun throw!



I also sooooooooo wanted the gingham sheets in coral (looks orange to me) for Cade's room but of course they were sold out of twin size. Seriously hurry if you want these good deals. Like RUN!


Last but not least, I think I've finally found the door knobs I want for the master closet doors after seeing Erin Gate's remodel today. I have been so indecisive (who knew there were so many types of glass door knobs...fluted, octagon, oval, round...then you must decide on the backplate shape. Ridic), but after seeing these today, it's a sign. Chad hates the idea of different door hardware on those doors, but they look nothing like the rest of the doors in the house so why shouldn't they have different hardware?

My thoughts are that this simple little snazzy detail is going to make me sooooo happy when I open those closet doors every. single. day. It really is all about the details. I think we will do these exact ones but in chrome (against dark gray/almost black doors) to match the rest of the hardware/lighting/faucet in master bath. If you remember this post here, you know our master bath is all about a little bling. bling. These are sure to sparkle!


Check out the rest of Erin's amazing remodel reveal today. She is one of my favorite interior designers and I am absolutely swooning over her new gorgeous bath...oh, and that laundry room!
(ok, who am I kidding? EVERYTHING) Check it out.

3 comments:

  1. love! can't wait to see it all come together...and for MANY sleepovers at the new crib.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your blog!! We are building in SC currently & I'm curious if you could let me know any info on your hardwood floors. I love them!!!! Keep the posts coming, I can't wait to see it all pulled together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your blog!! We are building in SC currently & I'm curious if you could let me know any info on your hardwood floors. I love them!!!! Keep the posts coming, I can't wait to see it all pulled together! :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019