designing a master suite: rustic meets glam

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

 
Trying to scheme and plan paint colors since sheetrock is going up this week and things are happening oh-so-fast. (cue mild panic attack) How is tomorrow the first day of OCTOBER? That means we will be decorating for Christmas here at Sugar in about ohhhhh four weeks. (Cue another mild panic attack) Therefore I'm trying to get as many house decisions checked off the list.
 
I thought paint colors would be so easy. Eeeeh, knew what I wanted right? Thought I had it all planned out. "Light aqua" for dining room. "Light green" for master suite. BAH! Yeah, that's all good and well until you get down to the nitty gritty and realize just how MANY light blues and light greens...and light grays... there really are. It's ridiculous. I think I've narrowed it down and this is how the master bedroom and bath will {hopefully} turn out. I am all about our master bathroom. It's number two on the list right below the kitchen as in importance. I have no shame in saying I spend a lot of time in there getting ready. Y'all know how I love all my makeup and beauty products. We want to invest money into the places of our house where we spend the most time. Makes sense.
 
We knew we wanted to use a light green again because that's our current master bed/bath color and we haven't gotten tired of it in six years. Figured why not, let's just do it again. I'm still in love and it works with our dark furniture.Going with either...
 
Sherwin Williams Contented


or SW Filmy Green, one shade lighter on the paint card.



Then we've got SW Anonymous (left) for doors and SW Wool Skein (right) for vanity




I fell in love with this rug online at Pottery Barn. Once I saw it in person at the PB Outlet in Gaffney AND saw the unbelievable price on the price tag, it was a done deal. I have really just planned colors around it. So in love (and yes, Chad even approved but I'm pretty sure he's color blind. Uhhh, nobody tell him there's pink in there mmmkay?)


We will be using a piece of my grandparent's antique furniture with glass doors, similar to this, for our linen storage. I priced gorgeous built-ins that resembled a "hutch", complete with a counter space for my perfume, extra toiletries, etc... then after I received the price for this lovely space I designed, I thought "uh yeah, that'll have to wait". So for now, I think adding this rustic piece of furniture will give it so much character.


As for the tile in the shower, we haven't decided at all (oh and we are not doing a tub at all in our master bath. Nope, took that $ and put towards a big tile shower. Another story for another day. The beauty of being able to build and decide what works best for YO) But yes, back to the tile decisions - so hard!! Thinking just a creamy neutral. Light and white like this, but Lord knows we can't afford all marble. Maybe a mix of marble hex floors and subway tile walls? We shall see. Not sure about floors either. Tile that looks like hardwood? Tile that matches the shower? I'm stuck on that. Carpet in the bedroom. 


My heart was set on the Champagne Bronze finish of Delta bathroom fixtures...again, until I saw the price tag. Holy Batman. We were able to just step down to a chrome finish, but keep the faucet I had my heart set on. The Delta Dryden. Swooooon. It also helps that we're only doing one sink in the master since I traded out the other for my makeup vanity area. Priorities, people.


I do love the shiny glam-ness (yes, I just made up a word) of the chrome. We had plans to do three sconces in between two mirrors, but after meeting the the electrician we realized it would be a super tight fit. I went back to the lighting place just planning to keep the same style of lighting but change to an "above mirror vanity light" instead of sconces. Well, until I saw these brand new beauties...


Well no, I did not see them in person. Only in a catalog. They are from the Neeva Collection of Golden Lighting and just launched in June. Brand new. It took me literally two seconds of looking at it to look back up at Judy and say "That's it! That's what I want!" How they will look in person, I have no idea but I'm confident I made the right choice. A little bling in the bathroom? Le duuuuh.

 Next up we also have to decide on mirrors. That's hard, because mirrors aren't cheap.
Going to look for these at the Ballard Designs Outlet next time...



So that's a preview of the {crazy, jumbled} ideas going on in my head and it honestly feels so good to get them organized into these blog posts and see them all together. Now we just hold our breath and wait to see the big reveal - how it will actually all come together in real life. Can not wait!!!!

3 comments:

  1. can't wait to see it all come together and for our first slumber party. :) we gotta plan another one of those soon. kick chad out for a night so me, you, and baby cade can have some fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he thought he was going to Beaufort shrimping this weekend but now not sure bc of Timmy :\ You know he gotta get them Bama trips in. Lord help us. He will probably ditch moving in January to go to Bama hunting....

      Delete
  2. It is all going to look amazing together!! Can't wait to see it!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019