IOP | 2019

Thursday, August 1, 2019


So we came home from Fripp on a Sunday, then worked M-W and headed to IOP to meet my fam at the Hite's beach house Wednesday evening after work! 

We kicked off the family vacation with a pit stop at Firehouse Subs. Chad had never been (yes, he's deprived! HA). I'm a total Hook & Ladder gal, it's all I've ever gotten and all I'll get. Such a sucker when I love something, that's it. Anyone else get the same exact thing every time you go to a certain restaurant or is that just me?


Made it to IOP around dark and settled in to rest up for a full beach day Thursday....



this beach baby loved his naps in the tent...


bro-in-laws busy making sandcastles



missing Charlie in this pic...




a lot of these pics are totally out of order but the babies loved making muffins with Grami...


and golf cart rides + park rides too!


more beach time with my best girl...



one morning I ran to Lowe's with my sis and she got me hooked on Blender Bombs at Hustle Smoothie Bar and now I hope to pick up the line to sell at Sugar! They really do keep you super full for a loooong time. It's crazy. Good stuff.


"Always have to steal my kisses from you..."


Chad & Mack cooked crab legs + shrimp + twice baked potatoes ALL. ON. A. TRAEGER one night and it was out of this world good.















On Friday evening we all got "dressed up" (as dressed up as we get at the beach...aka something other than pajamas + work out clothes) for dinner via golf cart at the marina.

a few pics with Grami before...


and a rare family pic that makes my heart so full...



a mama in her happy place, with her babies at the beach!




we had a 40 minute wait, so these antsy pants were a hoot while listening to live music...



one baby girl who has her Uncle Chad wrapped around her finger. 
She's definitely like the daughter we never had! Love her (and Skip!) like our own. 



It's a shame he has zero personality....


be still my heart. everyone thinks these two are TWINS.


it was a yummy meal (I got the fish tacos and definitely don't miss the crab dip!) topped off by a gorgeous low country sunset. Nothing better.


On Saturday we had a low key morning then me, Chad and Cade went for an afternoon boat ride with some friends who also have a house on IOP. Charlie stayed behind but these guys were living' their best life...


if you're a boy mom and not using Salty Britches, then you are missing out. 
Just say no to chaffing. Praised by boy moms errrrrwhere...


gosh we had so much fun. we boated over to McClellenville to buy yummy shrimp & scallops and we made a stop at Shell Island and swam out to find the most gorgeous sea shells. It was amazing.



 so. much. fun.




Cade thought he was hot stuff, let me tell ya...


He was a good lil' captain and can we just talk about how AWESOME the weather was last week? The temps were even in the high 70s at night and we couldn't have asked for a better long weekend at the beach. So much fun with family and friends. 

Gah, I hate to see Summer come to an end. I am definitely not ready to start back to school....or have to wear jeans....or see a million posts about pumpkin spice....or any of that....
*cue me sobbing into a tissue right now*

Summer forever, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019