first things first...

Thursday, September 1, 2016

I'm the realest.

and I do love gangsta rap, with a side of classic country, and a big ol' glass of sweet tea.

Teaming up with Love Bailey Jean for the Blog-tember challenge all 30 days of September. Now I don't know if I can swing 30 full days of blogging (um, that's never happened) but I'm sure gonna try! Check out other bloggers starting the challenge over on her page.

and if you're new to my blog, well then...

meet the McClains. 

I'm Sandi and these are my three JCMs.
Joshua Chad (my husband) , Joshua Cade (our oldest) and Jack Charles "Charlie" (our youngest)

july 2016 // charlie's first birthday party
june 2016 // cousin's wedding in Boone, NC
So about me?

I grew up in rural Abbeville (read: in the caaawntry) South Carolina. 

Graduated with a class of 49 from a (public!) high school named Dixie High in a town within Abbeville county called Due West, which is where we live today.

Let's back up a bit though...

I first met my husband about 20 years ago. 

Nope. Not even joking.

I was in 6th grade and he was in 7th when our elementary schools (remember, we are out in the middle of nowhere basically so no middle schools) were merged and we ended up at the same school. I became best friends with his first cousin and soon that meant best friends with him too. However, it was not until I dated many guys and many many many years late during my senior year of COLLEGE at the University of South Carolina, that I truly realized he was my soul mate and the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. 

We were engaged May of 2007.


and married August 16th, 2008.


Within the past nine years since our engagement we've lost a groomsmen (Chad's first cousin Drew who was killed by a drunk driver in Nov 07'), We've lost a parent (my dad died of a massive heart attack one month before our wedding). We've buried four grandparents, two uncles. We've suffered the heartache of a miscarriage before being blessed with our two boys. We've started a business, moved a business, sold our first home, built a house, and kept Christ front and center the whole. dang. time.

It has been one heck of a ride already and our marriage has been strengthened in ways we could never imagine. Chad is my biggest fan and my biggest supporter. My rock. He believed in me all the way when I came to him (and my family) in 2007 and told them I wanted to quit my job in advertising sales and open a women's apparel boutique named Sugar. God love him. 

I took that leap of faith (and my USPS employed hard workin' husband supported me those first years I never brought home a paycheck) and seven years later, just this past October, we moved the store from a small quaint avenue in Uptown Greenwood to a newly renovated building front and center on Main Street. 1500 square feet. Glorious

His timing is always perfect. God is always good. 

I will forever sing those two praises.


In 2012 I received the honor of being named Young Entrepreneur of the Year for SC and the Southeast by the US Small Business Administration. Not trying to "toot my own horn", but simply using this as an example to remind others that you CAN achieve your goals if you put your mind to it. You CAN follow your dreams. You CAN be anything and everything you can ever imagine. 

I want to share with others what I've learned in eight years (and trust me, I'm still learning each and everyday and still have SO much to learn) and inspire others to pursue what they are passionate about. I certainly don't know it all, nor will I ever claim to. I have so many goals set for myself...my business...my family...but with a little determination, a whole lotta hard work, and a whole lotta FAITH...us women can do anything we put our minds to.


Some may think my proudest moment would be starting a business.

My most difficult job, running a business. 

WRONG.

I am most proud of this crazy, wonderful ...most difficult, yet rewarding job known as MAMA. These two boys are my world. I have prayed for them, over them, and thank God for them each and every day. They are the light of my life.


Our energetic, spunky, comical Cade was born in February 2012 and our laid-back, sweet yet short-tempered Charlie (our little surprise) was born in July 2015



God has truly blessed us with so much. This blog is just a way to continue to sing His praises and give a glimpse into our little life. My glitz and glam, fashion lovin' days at work followed by my camo lovin', huntin fishin' and monster truck filled nights/weekends with my boys. It's my way of documenting the ups and downs. A creative outlet for me and a scrapbook, if you will. I've been blogging since 2009, one year after we were married, have met so many awesome women and I love looking back at how far we've come through the years. 

Through the bad times. Through the good times. 

We've learned that while life may be short, life is always...always SWEET.

"That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet" - Emily Dickinson

5 comments:

  1. Your little men are cute! I'm impressed that you followed your heart and started your own business. Great work! Sugar sounds like a fun boutique to shop at. I'm popping by from the blogtember linkup and looking forward to your further posts this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rhonda! Thanks for stopping by! I can't wait to check out everyone's blogtember linkups too :) Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. So impressed by your store! I always dreamed of opening a bakery/cafe with my best friend...maybe someday when we live in the city we'll go for it like you did :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. and you absolutely SHOULD! We just were talking about how our Uptown needed a cute bakery/coffee shop/cafe. You wouldn't believe the need there is for that in some of these small towns! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been following you since what seems like forever and I must have missed your SBA award!! I've been saying that every time I come to the lake (Hartwell) that I'm coming to see your store! Love that red dress that you've got on with the white trim :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019