spring home refresh.

Saturday, May 21, 2016


Spring means Spring cleaning, organization, and adding in a bit of new in the McClain casa! It's refreshing to change things up a bit. Also it means finishing up some projects I've been meaning to do for oh, a year now.

First up, I think one of the easiest way to refresh for Spring is to switch up our sofa pillows. I already had these blue velvet pillow covers from Ikea (of all places!) so when I met the sweet owner of Wheaton Whaley at a trunk show I did in Greenville, I knew I had to have her make some custom pillows too. Check her out on Etsy. I loved the fabric I picked, then the trim she suggested. They look great with our blue velvet Marcelle Ottoman from World Market we've used since we moved in. I will admit I don't leave these out all the time (hello Capri suns and snotty noses. We live in this house, like LIVE, LIVE so when it's just the boys pillow fighting and laying around, mmmm I may put these up and bring out my other old Ballard pillows)



I had no idea what to put on this end table. Charlie knocks everything off anyways, but I purchased this seahorse lantern for somewhere else but ended up sticking it here with a pic of the boys for now...


Fresh flowers on the breakfast table are a must.


and for the parties we've been having lately, I set up this gold tray (from Target on clearance years ago) as a makeshift bar on our buffet table.


Most all of these items I had or were gifts (like the adorable gold dot stemless wine glasses my friend Beth scored for me for my birthday from the Target $1 section - along with lots of other goodies of course :)



I finally finished our guest bath with a gold & glass shelf I had purchased on clearance at TJ Maxx over a year ago + old antique items I found in my dad's shop + dried hydrangeas a friend's mom gave me. It's all about repurposing random items you already have. This is the most difficult room to photograph since no natural light so bear with me.



I swear the shelf is straight, I just can't take a straight picture.


The gallery wall I won't say is 100% "finished" but for now it will do until I find the kind of frames I need for my old photos. It's sort of like an eclectic collection of photos found in my dad's shop.

wall color: "In the Midnight Hour" by Benjamin Moore

Freshen up with a new monogrammed hand towel from Ballard Designs aaaand done.


Speaking of gallery walls, I finally took the plunge and spruced up our boring hallway with a fun gallery wall I've been collecting/prepping for years too. Added a runner rug I forgot I even had purchased from Ballard outlet and voila! I only wish I had done it all sooner. So easy. Will share in a separate post next.

What are your favorite ways to "refresh" your home for Spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019