THREE!!

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Today Cade is THREE.

I seriously can not believe it. HOW does three full years fly by in the blink of an eye?

Didn't we just bring this sweet precious home from the hospital???




Seeing these pics and knowing we will soon do this all over again, brings back a flood of emotions for me. I am so insanely excited about Cade being a big brother and the incredible bond these two boys are sure to have. I see how close Cade is with his cousin Carter (who's one  year older) and cousin Hayden (who's 10 months younger) and I can't imagine how close he will be with his own brother!! Someone he gets to play with and get in trouble with day in and day out. It's going to be so fun.

So yes, this year. Cade's third year...is going to be a BIG year for him.
  • He's going to get a new house and a new big boy room
  • He's going to hopefully get the hang of potty training here in the next few weeks {praying}
  • He's going to get a sibling, a baby brother. A new best friend for life. How exciting!!!
Big changes ahead for our little buddy and I still do not know how in the world my heart could ever love a second child as much as I love Cade, but everyone assures me that your heart expands and grows to love two kids more than you can ever imagine. I am nervous about raising two of them, I constantly worry about Cade now as it is so two is going to be crazy, but again I am so excited to start a new chapter and fill our new home up with even more JOY.

So because I can't do a "Cade is THREE" post without a few updates, here's what our big three year old has been up to. 

WEIGHT: 35 pounds (and trust me, I feel every freakin' bit of it. Can hardly pick him up anymore) as of a dr. appt when he was sick last week.

HEIGHT: we will know when go for his 3 year check up on the 17th.

FAVORITE FOODS: The kid loves steak, any kind of meat really. Pizza, mexican (the cheese dip especially), pop tarts, Goldfish, mac & cheese...wait, who am I kidding. What DOESN'T Cade eat? He is hungry 24/7. Groceries are going to break me, but oh do I praise Lord for this healthy, hungry boy. He loves food and he gets it honest.

FAVORITE TV SHOWS/MOVIES: Jake & the Neverland Pirates are his favorite. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Doc McStuffins, Peppa the Pig, and favorite movies are Frozen and Disney Planes.

FAVORITE TOYS: His Jake pirate ship, he has one for real one and one for the bath tub. He's obsessed with baths by the way, loves these color tablets to change water color and his "bath paint kit". He also loves his 4-wheeler and tractor, anything he can ride outside and his new trampoline. Oh and nerf guns. He has a TON of nerf guns and I swear if I see one more nerf bullet, omg. Oh and the iPad. He still loves his YouTube videos, never any apps. Just videos.

FAVORITE SAYINGS: What do we hear all the time? Well for me it's "Maaaaaama....maaaaaama" a million times a day to get my attention. My mom said I did the same thing. He also has gotten to wear when you ask him a question, he will snap back "Uh yeaaaayuhhh". No idea where he got that from but the little smarty pants attitude is already coming out! 

FAVORITE SONGS: Boy loooooves to sing. He loves any musical instrument and it absolutely AMAZES me how I have this one CD in my car with a mixture of country songs on it and I will legit skip through and the kid knows every single word to every single song. HOW? I mean, we don't listen to it THAT much. It blows my mind. His absolute favorite is Jason Aldean right now. "Chillin on a Dirt Road" (yeah, i know just call us parents of the year...) and he still loves Wagon Wheel (Darius version) and Troubadour by George Strait. Oh he can belt those out. He also loves Luke Bryan "Play it Again" and "Drink a Beer" (again, lovely I know...) and he does a very dramatic rendition of Frozen's "Let it Go". I should really get it on video. Just like I've gotten his rap songs he also loves...."I'm in da club going UP....on a TUESDAY...." another jam we hear constantly. The child does not shut up, I can assure you.

His personality is really through the roof. We never know what he is going to say and he makes us laugh daily! Quite the entertainer and not shy one bit. The other day he made me chuckle when he said this...

Cade, while seeing a huge jacked up truck drive in front of us: "Mama why don't girls have trucks?"

Me: "Some girls do have trucks, mama just has a car and most of the time boys usually have big ol' trucks. When you get older, we will get you a big truck. Would you like that? You can drive you and brother to school!"

Cade: "Yeah!!! But I'm going to need to get a booster seat for him in my truck..."

Kids do say the darnest things. He also really can be the absolute sweetest thing in the whole wide world. A lot of times he will just look up at me and say "Mama, I love you!" to which I reply "Well I love you more!" then he says "No! I love YOU more" and smiles. Seriously??? Just out of the blue. He is so affectionate. This happens weekly, at least, if not more.

We look forward to even more of his pure sweetness and  him "entertaining" us (and his new baby brother) in the year ahead. We can not wait to see him be the BEST big brother. He will come up and kiss my belly already, talk to the baby, and tries to sing him songs. It melts my heart like none other. He's even helping us name him. More on that later!


HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sweet "always and forever my baby" Cade.
Mama & Daddy love you more than you'll ever know!!

1 comment:

  1. that "we need to get a booster seat for my truck" made me LOL IRL. :) love that sweet boy. so glad I got to see him on his birfday and got several big hugs and a kiss from my buddy! makes my heart smile. can't wait to spoil TWO special little boys. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019