oh christmas tree...

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

No, you didn't click on the wrong post. This IS a Halloween post.

Yes, our sweet little Cade insisted on being a Christmas tree...for Halloween.

I blame it on taking him into Hobby Lobby back in September, where he became highly confused about his holidays (ummm hasn't Christmas been out there since JULY?) and he began insisting on being a Christmas tree. At first it was a joke, and I kept saying "Cade you're going to be a mailman" since we had an awesome hand-me-down costume from his cousins. Well then he kept telling EVERYONE he was going to be a Christmas tree, then insert mom guilt so I couldn't not let him be a Christmas tree. He was so set on it. 

See how happy it made him?


until we told him he had to hold the battery operated light packs. BAH!


Love my little {random} Christmas tree...


We ended up stuffing the battery packs (Chad rigged that up) into his pumpkin bag.


with cousin Maddox...



cousin Hayden was a cute little fisherman. I love this pic.


A rare pic of me and Chad, holding up our team effort. He really did help! 
It took us $15 worth of materials and maybe 20 hot glue sticks. Yes.




We had a spooky Halloween dinner at Grandma McClain's (miss her, but it brings back so many wonderful memories being back in her house). Aunt Lisa went all out with sweet treats...Pinterest has nothing on her!


Maybe Cade got mad someone stole his sweet treats in this pic. Who knows with this child.
There's sure to be a terrible two tantrum at some point in the day! 


and just like that he's all smiles again!



Trick or treating was fun, even though we only went two places this year (it was more of a "one stop shop" at Grandma McClains) and then on Saturday we woke up to THE strangest thing.

SNOW!

Yes, people. November 1st. 

Write it down. 

a pic taken Saturday morning in Uptown Greenwood. Needless to say, Sugar opened an hour later than usual

Blame it on all the Elsa's Friday night and our little Christmas tree :)

I never even saw any snow, since we don't leave close to Greenwood and I guess just had snow flurries early morning (which hello, since I was off Saturday I was asleep). Chad and I bundled up and went to Elberton to pick out granite (more on that later) then we were back in time for a fun birthday party for these two sweet girls, Emerson and Blakely. Cade enjoyed lots of fun staying with these two at Mrs. Kim's since he was born, but now Emerson is in kindergarten. She turned 6 and Blakely 4. Their birthdays just two weeks apart and they had an awesome party...


just leave it to these two flirts to find the older girls at the party...swear...


On Sunday we were lazy, enjoyed our extra hour of sleep, then I had two photo sessions. It was a fun weekend, but a COLD weekend. Looks like our Winter is coming in with a bang. Crazy!

4 comments:

  1. I cannot believe y'all had snow on Saturday!! Crazy!! I seriously love Cade as a Christmas tree!! Boy certainly knows what he wants!! He's adorable though & y'all did such an awesome job on his costume!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving your orange top in the picture of you and Chad! Where is it from?? Cade is precious as a Christmas tree! I can't quite blame him for getting his holidays mixed up....First Hobby Lobby, then Target, now everywhere else! Poor ole Thanksgiving just keeps getting looked over haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! It's from my store, www.scsugar.com, called the Raven Top and it's seriously the easiest-to-wear, lightweight wool blend sweater. I have it in several colors now, obsessed. They're seriously that good. Comes in size S/M or M/L since it's meant to be slouchy. Check them out! Oh and I agree...Christmas is starting WAY too early for my taste this year. I love Thanksgiving - it needs love too! :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019