// Five on Friday //

Friday, November 7, 2014

 Random post of what I'm loving this Friday...

// one // 

Boxwood wreaths. I've loved for YEARS, have several but now crave more. So classic even year round. Hope to continue to invest and expand my collection then use throughout our new house, especially at the holidays.


// two // 

This outfit. Love. If you haven't taken the plunge and invested in a great pair of booties yet, you need to. This trend is sticking around for a while! 


// three // 

I've been back and forth about how to paint our new breakfast nook table/chairs we are so graciously getting from Chad's parents since they just re-did their kitchen and got a great new set. Their old table needs to be painted anyways, or restained and the chairs re-upholstered. She said she didn't care if I painted, she's even going to help me, so the hardest decision has been WHAT color(s) to paint it? I thought I would go with a fun blue, but I keep going back to a classic black and white. Maybe not necessarily a black table top, but even a dark espresso stain which I have seen by Minwax. I think this set is just gorgeous with a black buffet table, which is my next decision/purchase for the breakfast nook.



// four // 

I feel like our house may be "all black errrrthang" because black front door, black shutters, black furniture pieces...and now black hardware. Yes one of the most simplest, yet difficult decisions this week has been the color of hardware for the front door. My first pick was antique brass but then I knew that may not mesh well with the gray siding. Satin Nickel was second choice, but then the more we looked at black on black, the more we liked it. It's growing on me. Chad loved it of course. I mean, hello Johnny Cash style. Black on black, always. It will match the interior knobs/levers now and all will feel right with the world. Also my wreaths/door hangers will always "pop" and stand out more so than the hardware so I think I'll like that better too! This is exactly what our front door will look like btw. I would love to splurge on a fun, fancy door knocker though. Thoughts?


// five // 

I'll leave you with this quote. Can I get an amen?



Happy weekend friends!

1 comment:

  1. Oh decisions decisions!! Love the black on black on the front door!! & that quote - love! Hope y'all have a great wknd!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019