// our weekend //

Monday, September 8, 2014


We had a somewhat busy weekend. First up, Friday night Chad and I had a little impromptu date night (local Mexican restaurant for the win. It's our fav) after I got home from a very looooong drive from work. I have been loathing my 45-min-one-way drive back and forth to work lately. I am use to it after this many years, but it seriously feels way longer these days when I'm itching to get home to my boys (and deathly starving bc I forgot my lunch at Sug) so our move could not get here soon enough. In the mornings by the time I take Cade to Mrs. Kim's and heaven forbid, stop at Starbucks, it's definitely an hour or more full route. Shaving twenty minutes off my drive is going to be a breath of fresh air for me. To say that I'm ecstatic about this major part of being in our new house is an understatement.

Anyhoo, enough rambling. Back to the weekend. Saturday I was thrilled to have a day off so that 1. I could get some cleaning done around the house 2. i could spend some quality time with this sweet boy. We went to lunch at KFC so he could get his "chick chick" fix and then to get groceries because after the crazy week I had, we had zero food in the house.


As we left, he had to take a pic in front of the am-bu-laaaaance. He's obsessed with emergency vehicles. Shades were also required.


That evening we went to a fun couples-baby-shower for friends John Thomas and Emily. Didn't get a single pic, but they loaded up for baby girl and we got to catch up with lots of sweet friends we hadn't seen in a while!

Sunday morning I scooted to Greenville to take pics of another sweet baby girl. It was Lucy's baby dedication and her parent's threw her a fabulous dedication lunch. I was honored to photograph the special time so they would have plenty of memories! Everything was perfect.

Once I returned home Cade and I went to yet another baby shower before going to a first birthday party for Cameron! (See, busy weekend indeed). It was a fun time and again, enjoyed seeing friends I hadn't seen in so long! He is just the cutest little thing. His precious curls kill me!! Love him and can not believe he's already ONE...



After we left the party, our Sunday wasn't over. Nope, we had to meet daddy at the house to "sign off" on the electrical boxes and HVAC vent placements so the guys could all get started this week. All was well and of course instead of dissecting the house, I was playing "Drive Thru" with Cade at our front porch windows. "Would you like hamburger and french fries?"

I mean, helloooo that's so much more fun than electrical boxes and duct tape marks on the floor.



Like I told Chad, just let me know when it's time to pick paint colors and decorate!!!!
Kidding, kidding...seriously though, so far so good. We got so much accomplished last week and everything is going smoothly (and surprisingly easy).

Work, on the other hand, has been INSANE but in such a GOOD way. That means Fall styles are rolling in daily and there's lots to hang, steam, price, photograph, post, and sell. Woohoo! Some days we are drowning in boxes and my TO-DO list seems to be never-ending, but I wouldn't have it any other way. This is one of my favorite times of the year...from here until about January 2nd, it's craziness, chaos, and three-cups-of-coffee days...but a whole lotta fun!

Six years later, it's still a lot of work but I'm still loving every. single. minute. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019