Vegas Baby. Part I.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

So excuse the ten day hiatus. This month has felt like a whirlwind. One thing after another...directing weddings, planning Cade's second birthday, loads of Spring shipments at Sugar, and oh yeah...a little trip to Vegas! That too.
 
Yes, last Monday my sister and I, plus two of our best friends, headed to Vegas for the apparel market there called Magic and Project (there's also a slew of others, such as Platform which is strictly shoes. So overwhelming). It's one of the largest, if not THE largest, markets in the US and buyers flock from all over the world. I've basically just traveled back and forth to AmericasMart in Atlanta for the past six years of being in business for convenience, so I felt like it was time to step out of the box and see what "the West coast" had to offer! Here's a little recap of the trip...
 
Again, I had to kiss these sweet cheeks over and over last Monday morning before I left. It was the longest I had ever been away from him. I was so nervous and missed him terribly!!!
 
 
One small detail: So my mom was originally on board to go with us since the very beginning and two days before, she comes down with this awful sickness (which she thought was the flu) and had to go to Urgent Care that Saturday before (diagnosed with bronchitis). She knew she would be miserable on the flight...and really just the whole time, so next step - we tried to see if someone could take her place and switch flights. Two hours on the phone with Delta and a big headache later, we had gotten Courtney's friend Sydney the switched ticket with my SkyMiles and it ended up being First Class. Well, can you guess who actually took the First Class seat? Um yeah, my reward for dealing with Delta for two hours! We were just SO ecstatic Syd could go!!! I mean, sure we had to twist her arm and all ya know ;)

Hoover Dam from the sky
 
This was my fourth trip to Vegas and seeing these views from the sky never gets old...
 

Grand Canyon
 
We checked in to our hotel, Encore, and headed out for dinner.
Amazing sushi at Koi inside Planet Hollywood
 


 
The next day we ventured to Mandalay Bay Convention Center to Project. We ordered fabulous lines for Fall, that we also had already picked up for Spring (as in, they'll be arriving at Sugar within just a few weeks. Hooray!) Check out our favorite Sail to Sable picks for Fall...


 
and this beauty will arrive at Sugar this Summer! Love.


 
We all died over Julie Brown's new styles for Fall! This leopard dress was ah-mazing.
Ordered it. Done. Ladies, get ready...

 
We spent the late afternoon doing a little sight seeing and shopping. The Venetian and Palazzo is always a fav!

 
and you really just never know what you will run into in Vegas...


Tuesday night we had show tickets! Beth and I were dolled up to see Britney's Piece of Me (aaaaaaahhh late 30th birthday to myself!) and Syd and Court were going to La Reve' - right there at our hotel at The Wynn. We made reservations for LakeSide at The Wynn (Wynn & Encore are connected and basically just sister towers). We had awesome open views of the Wynn waterfall with light shows, to boot. Definitely recommend this restaurant...
 
 
Fresh lobster you can hand select at your table. (or not)


Can you tell I dyed my hair darker, closer to my natural color? I freakin' love it.

the crew outside of LakeSide, next to Parasol bar.

 
Britney's show was AH-MAZING. Seriously, if you even think about going to Vegas within the next year and are a Britney fan like moi, you must see.

 
she killed it. Nicole Richie was also the celeb guest in the audience who came up on stage that night for a mini appearance


 
We had a BLAST. I don't ever think I've danced my tail off that much at a concert/show!!! We were also definitely the dorks who came out of the show and bought the pic in the leather frame. We joked that I will have this displayed in my house at all times.
Y'all just wait, you know I will...
 
 
After our shows, we met up at Lavo inside the Venetian where the WWD Magic (the apparel mart) and Lookbook was hosting a fun par-tay. It was super fun but this "too old mama" (how I felt) definitely couldn't hang with the youngin's. We bee-lined back to the hotel shortly after. Seriously, now that I don't wear stilettos...uh, like ever anymore...I. was. dying. in. them.
Nothing like being "up in da club" to make these thirty year olds (well, Beth and I) feel sup-ah old, but we tried!
 

Next morning we "shook the glitter off"..."waking up in Vegas" (sorry, had to do it)
View from our room...
 
and this is how we started Wednesday.


Couldn't overload in one post, so I'll save the rest for the next post!
Back to work for now...I am STILL trying to catch up. Whew!

2 comments:

  1. ahhhh...take me back! NOW! miss my wolfpack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was following along on Insta... looks like you girls had sooo much fun!! We were just there in December (for the rodeo) & I cannot wait to go back!! Ready to see the rest of y'alls fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019