Tuesday Trends: Industrial Tables

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Have you ever had buyer's remorse? Except not the kind where you regret buying something, but when you regret NOT buying something once you've missed out? 

Yeah. That happened to me.

 I was browsing Joss and Main a few weeks ago (which I try not to do. It's too tempting! If you've never browsed, click here to join) and came across this Mathers Console Table for $160 or so with the $9.95 shipping would have been around $170. I was smitten. The look of rustic, worn furniture and antiques is my favorite and this industrial console table certainly caught my eye! Unfortunately I waited around too late, debated it too much and they sold out super fast. Fail

I would love this for a foyer. Not that I have one of my own now, 
but in our future house perhaps? One day?


I spotted a few others online, but definitely not for that amazing price. For instance, World Market's Aiden 3 Shelf Console retails for around $350.


I especially love the way A Bowl Full of Lemon's blogger used it in her dining room!!
 Isn't this such a neat look!?


Here's a few other Pinterest looks I love...





See why I'm convinced I need it now?

I also love the idea of an industrial inspired kitchen? More so, a modern farmhouse industrial kitchen that's popping up everywhere right now.


I showed this pic to Chad last night on Pinterest where they used old truck springs as bar stools. He said "now that's my kind of kitchen"! He loves to cook, and cooks all the time actually, so we want a kitchen that is easy to use, sure to withstand lots of messes, and "live-able". Every time I show him something super fancy, my "oh so simple man" quickly says "it doesn't look live-able". 
SO, industrial may just be the way to go for Chef Chad.



What's a new trend you're loving lately? And if it's a trend, do you really go all the way with the trend even if it dies down in a few years and you hate it? Or do you incorporate key pieces you love and can easily change out in the future? Those are my thoughts for the day!

Next up, a recap of our super fab girls weekend. Eeeeeeeeeek!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I can't believe you didn't get that console table! I do love it & can see why you would have non-buyers remorse! I've been on the search for one as well, have even thought about building one myself but, I want to shop a little bit more! & I say if it's a trend you like pick up key pieces that aren't super expensive and are easy to change out. Big furniture pieces are things I'll always keep... accessories can changed out much easier & much cheaper on the pocket book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep checking! I've found they repeat products from time to time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it was on there twice over the past two weeks and I missed it...twice!! Ha! Ill keep looking :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019