friday randoms.

Friday, June 28, 2013

1. With 4th of July right around the corner, middle of Summer for retailers means massive sales. Being in retail, I know this, but it doesn't calm the shock of my inundated inbox. This past week has been insane. My wallet is not happy. I am such a sucker for sales, it's not even funny. 

One "score of the week" came from Kirklands. I had forgot about Kirklands until a few weeks ago when my sister purchased the most amazing chairs, bench and table for her new store. Such great prices. I use to shop there all of the time for home decor. Well, I signed back up to their email list a few weeks ago and I'm glad I did. A few nights ago they had a Flash Sale with $30 off any $100 purchase, including sale items. They had their Apothecary Jar Set for $17.95! They also had red outdoor cushions for my black rocking chairs for $15 (i snagged 4) along with two of these cute pillows for $12 (now on sale for $9.74) and after my $30 off $100 I only paid $90 for everything! They still have a great sale going on now, so be sure to check it out. They have super cute furniture and a great selection of chairs.

Here's the set I got for $17...


and here's the set from Ballard Designs for $79! Granted, they may be much larger but c'mon. 
I'll take the smaller version for that price. 


Hope to use it to corral cotton balls, q-tips, and soaps...


Love the idea of placing them on a silver tray in a guest bathroom for guests to use. 
Maybe in my next house.


 2. Another great sale was Children's Place. Again, I've been so blessed with hand-me-downs from my sis-in-law and bestie, but I do love to shop Children's Place for pjs, more play clothes, and shoes. I got these cheap, cute "faux Crocs" for Cade to try a few months ago at the outlet and loved them! They fit his feet so well and I love the stretchy, adjustable velcro strap. They were durable for playing outside at Mrs. Kims and I could just wash them off. I ordered him more colors since they were only $5.39 then they have a code for an extra 20% off your purchase.


I ended up getting him 5 things for $22 bucks. Not too shabby. I just can't believe he is getting to be so BIG and won't be in "baby clothes" too much longer.


3. Speaking of clothes and savings, one last thing. The Frilly Frog is also having a 20% OFF their Spring sale with other clearance items also posted on their website. I am having so much fun getting Cade ready for the beach. Can't wait for him to wear these precious swim trunks. I know he's going to have the best time this year, I can't wait to see his little face since he was only 5 months when we went last year. Wish we were leaving tomorrow. SO READY!


4. Last but not least, have you EVER? We let Cade try on this fedora (also from Childrens Place) after bath time a few nights ago and he went nuts. His favorite thing to do is dance. I wish I had taken video, but I tried with Instagram's new video camera and it didn't save. He was everywhere so I never captured too much. Hence why these pics look so blurry. We like to call this "Cade's MJ Trib" ...


"Billy Jean is not my lov-ah!"


"I love you Michael!!" 


Hilarious. Just a typical night at the McClain household. 
He keeps us entertained, that is for sure.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
I'm going to try to get more video of this wild child to share with you all!

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019