birthday goodies and feeding a toddler!

Monday, April 15, 2013

What a weekend. Courtney and I had a busy time at market but ordered lots of fun things for Summer and even Fall (even though yuck, I do not even want to think about that right now)

This is going to be a bit of a random post today, but I've been meaning to share this fun find for two weeks now.

Long before Christmas, my sis & bro in law told us they were taking the boys to Disney for the twin's 6th birthday in March, I knew I wanted to get them all custom shirts for their birthday to wear once at Disney. This would be the boys very first trip to Disney so of course, their Aunt Sandi was thinking about what they should wear (as always...and you thought my job was just styling/dressing women?!)

First, I asked Lisa at the local children's boutique if she could do these but her applique machine was down, so I found an awesome vendor on Etsy and she was wonderful to work with! 
The Etsy shop is SweetLilDesigns. Seriously, why am I always drawn to shops/businesses with the names "sweet"? Happens every time :)

Here's a pic I posted on Instagram once they came in...



and here's the boys wearing them at Disney! Are they not the cutest little things or what?


When Monica text me and told me the boys received sooo many compliments on their shirts that day, it made MY day! She even said the announcer at the parade called out the boys names from atop the float because they were front row and he could see their shirts. Can't wait until Cade goes for the first time and yes, we will be that family that has ALL the boys/cousins in matching shirts!

Family pic. Priceless. 

Also, as part of their birthday gift, I made them "Disney Survival Trips" for the long car ride to Orlando. I purchased every single thing at The Dollar Tree! (for all three boys. Had to include Carter too even though it wasn't his bday. The twin's kits were bigger though) I started with the plastic baskets then piled them FULL of Disney coloring books, Disney crayons, learning flashcards, stickers (which ended up all over their Surburban windows. Oops, sorry Monica & Wayne!)...even Disney antibacterial wipes for inside the parks and Disney tissue! Candy, snacks, sunscreen...the list went on and on. Oh and ALL. FOR. $1. EACH. 


Last thing, for Cade's Easter basket I ordered the green Klip It To Go containers (great to put sandwich on one side, clip then put fruits/cheeses/snacks on other. BPA free) and Inchbug sippy cup labels. Well, we have definitely loved the personalized labels for daycare (even though he still wants the girl's pink princess sippy cups! ha) and church nursery, but I went to TJ Maxx about a week ago and found MORE Klip it To Go containers for way cheaper than what I paid and these cool Sistema clip it containers that are great for sending fruit and snacks to daycare too.

TJ Maxx also had a pack of Nuby toddler spoons/forks for $2.99! 
Moral of the story: check out your local TJ Maxx for a few awesome toddler feeding supplies.


Moms: what other products have you found works well for feeding and packing lunches for toddlers?

This week is going to be insanely busy with our big 5 Year Celebration beginning Thursday at Sugar. I won't be blogging much but lots of fun pics to come. For now, it's time to CELEBRATE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019