playing catch up | west palm beach

Friday, August 24, 2012

Did you think I had given up on the ol' blog? Well, almost. I guess that's what happens when you go on three trips within about a month.  Life. has. been. busy. 
So I guess I'm going to be playing catch up for a while. 
Here is my first attempt...

Tuesday evening {after one of the most horrible flights ever. thank you AirTran}, I returned from a quick getaway to West Palm Beach to view/order Lilly Pulitzer's Spring 2013 collection. We left early Sunday morning. Just two nights like we usually do, but it didn't seem "so quick" this time with my sweet boy at home. I was DYING to get back to him on Tuesday and that hour and a half of sitting on the runway waiting for plane maintenance felt like an eternity. Could not wait to get my hands on him.


The first night the other Greenwood girls [owner of kids store that carries Lilly kids and shoe store that carries Lilly shoes, bags, scarves] and I had dinner at Charley Crab. The mahi mahi was delicious and this was our view from a corner table, overlooking the Atlantic.


The next morning we did a little shopping on Worth Avenue and strolled down to C Orrico - the signature Lilly store in Palm Beach, that was having a huge sale. I scored a Milly dress half off and a couple Lilly items I didn't order for the store. Oh how I love this place...


Also picked up a sweet treat for my amazing employee Brittany. She has been the best store manager since last November, before I left for maternity leave in February. Just wanted to bring her back a little treat since she works so so hard! After shopping we set out for the pool. I didn't know what to do with myself having an afternoon of doing absolutely nothing. No washing bottles, no diapers to change. As a tired mama, I just wanted to sleep and I took a nap. Hasn't happened in errrrr, like 6 months!


That night we had dinner with the Lilly gals at our hotel, The Colony. We enjoy staying there so much. Classic Palm Beach, at the center of everything. Here's the "Greenwood trio. I wore the Aleesa dress, which I love love love. We had such a great time, but I was just really ready to get back to my little man!


The next morning we were up early for breakfast and an introduction to the Spring 2013 collection. It's going to be a good one, YES, and while I can't give too much away, I have three words to describe Lilly Pulitzer Spring 2013...

one. big. party.

Speaking of Lilly, I know they're having their big online sale but if you don't see a certain style in the size you need, please head over to Sugar's website to check out what Lilly we have remaining. We have just a few things left but it's all priced to match Lilly's online sale and some styles even lower. Yes, LOWER! If you're local, you can pick up today AND support your small town businesses. It's a WIN WIN!

"Life's a party. Dress like it."

Next up: what our sweet boy has been up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019