19 Weeks

Monday, September 12, 2011


How far along? 19 weeks today. Baby is the size of a MANGO. WELL...so we thought. I went today for "what would have been our regular gender ultrasound" and uh, big boy is measuring 20wks5days! He's always measured about 5 days ahead, but almost 2 full weeks? No wonder I thought I was showing more than those due same week as me. Are ya kidding? She told us to talk to the doctor about my due date next time. I'm know 100% I was dead on with my dates, but she just thinks the baby is just growing fast and will "just be an "over 7 lb baby". Yeah, pretty sure we knew that all along lady. [Chad and I both were over 8.5 lbs at birth] Haven't I said all along that I was carrying a future linebacker? So now we may have a January baby due 1/26. Just SO thankful he is healthy and growing, that is absolutely ALL that matters :)

Total weight gain/loss: they didn't check my weight today, I'm thinking gotta be + more than 10lbs now. Scared to look in two weeks.

Maternity clothes? I'm going to HAVE to get a couple pairs of maternity jeans from Sugar hemmed this week because I have zero pants. It's still a little hot for jeans though so I'm transitioning with leggings and also wearing regular empire waist dresses.

Sleep: Sleeping great. Crazy vivid dreams.


Best moment this week: seeing our sweet boy today!! They did a full anatomy scan and everything looked perfect. He had a healthy heart rate of 150 and weighed 13 oz! WHAT a blessing and huge relief. Praise the Lord for a healthy baby. Praying everything continues to go well.


Movement: Yes, finally last week we felt a very definite "kick". Chad was even able to feel it! Goodness, he seems strong. Now I feel him more and more like he is doing flips in my belly. It is the most amazing thing!


Cravings: Any kind of dip & chips [maybe because it's football/tailgating season] and craving more salads now. For a while I couldn't even look at a salad! Crazy how your cravings/food aversions change.

Gender: We got confirmation today - still 100% BOY! Joshua Cade McClain

Labor Signs: no, thank goodness

Belly Button in or out? In

What I miss: Still missing coffee but the decaf is just as yummy in the mornings, even if I am sluggish all day

What I am looking forward to: after we finish this week, I will be HALFWAY through this pregnancy. Exciting!

Weekly Wisdom: Every morning is a little more challenging to get ready. I understand completely now when expecting women would say that you have to be a little more "creative" with your wardrobe. Also they gave us our pre-admission form to fill out and take to hospital. Um, if that didn't make all this feel more "real" then I don't know what will. Wow.

So this is not that great of a photo for his "debut". There is a flash bc I took pic from my iPhone then there is a blur on his face [like he's wearing Kayne sunglasses]. He wouldn't cooperate and let us get a profile shot. But I can't help but to think how sweet he looks with his little hands folded near his face, looking at us and posing! You can also see his little nose and mouth if you look close enough. Oh and those sweet cheeks :)
The next ultrasound we will get will be at 30 weeks in 3D.

Thanks for all of the prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019