Winter Blues...

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The snow a couple of weeks ago was BEAUTIFUL...

and Winter has certainly been fun.

but you can leave now, really! It's ok, I promise we won't miss you.

This past weekend, it was sunny and 68 degrees. What a tease! Now it's cold and rainy today and I think everyone has a bad case of the "winter blues". So many people are sick, including myself, and my poor nephew is in the hospital with pneumonia {he's almost 3} so please say a prayer for him as well as my good friend's husband, who is also in the hospital.

There are so many stomach bugs going around, not to mention the flu and other viruses. I am constantly praying for friends and family to stay in good health and I hope that warmer weather, blooming flowers, and the bright sunshine is just the
dose of "medicine" everyone needs.

The dreary weather today has me in the mood for TACO SOUP, so I thought
I'd share this recipe.
It's so easy and we love it topped with cheese, sour cream, and Tostitos Scoops.
Double the recipe if you're having a crowd!
{image from www.home-ec101.com}

1 - lb ground beef - browned & drained
1 - 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
1 can whole kernal corn - drained
1 can of black beans - not drained
1 - can of light red kidney beans - not drained
1 - envelope dry Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
1 - envelope dry taco seasoning
1 - small onion - chopped

Combine all ingredients in the CrockPot and
simmer on medium for 4-6 hours

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019