So much...

Monday, November 16, 2009

SO MUCH to blog about, just haven't found the time. This has been a crazy busy week but I am reminded by one of my favorite songs at church yesterday that even if life seems chaotic...even if heartache comes my way, there is no doubt that...

"I've got SO MUCH to thank Him for, SO MUCH to praise Him for...
well you see now, He's been so good to me...
and when I think of what He's done and where He brought me from,
I've got SO MUCH to thank Him for"

As we enter into a season of thanksgiving, what are you thankful for today?

I have had quite a week/weekend...
  • First of all my great aunt Leila Gray passed away on Tuesday. She is the sister of my "Granny Lois Young" who passed away several years ago. Since I never had true aunts or uncles {both of my parents were only children}, my great aunts/uncles were all my sister and I knew and meant the world to us. Aunt Leila was a perfect example of the virtuous woman of Proverbs 31 and will truly be missed. [photo of me and Aunt Leila - taken at my bridal shower at First Baptist Iva - July 2008 ]
  • Last week also marked "the first birthday in heaven" for my husband's grandfather - Doug McClain. We have missed him so much since he passed away at the beginning of 2009. [photo of Doug & Barbara Ann taken at our wedding August 2008]
  • At my store, Sugar, we participated in Uptown Greenwood's Holiday Open House. We had extended hours on Saturday and were open Sunday 1:30-5. Coffee and sweets were offered to customers, along with awesome fashions and incredible savings! It was a fun weekend and everyone enjoyed getting a jump start on Christmas shopping. Thank you to our fabulous customers and my family members who helped make all the yummy sweets! You all are a blessing and I am very thankful for your help.
Somehow, I also managed to squeeze in a bridal session yesterday in McCormick, SC. It was a gorgeous day {can you believe it's 78 degrees in the middle of November?} and the shoot turned out to be AH-MAZING. Wish I could post tons of photos, but you'll just have to wait until after the wedding on March 27th!
Whew, so yes - I've been busy, to say the least. Decorating the store within a week was a challenge...
but now that I've got the "spirit", I'm ready to decorate our home and start WRAPPING CHRISTMAS PRESENTS {yes...even if it IS nearly 80 degrees!}

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019