home sweet home: master bedroom tour

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

I really was at a loss as to what to do for window treatments for our master bedroom since we have a lot of windows in there, particularly a tricky bay window. 

Cue my friend Sarah, owner of Dwell Chic, who measured our windows before we even moved in and quoted me window treatments for the entire house. Would I love to have custom window treatments in our entire house? Yes. Could I afford custom window treatments in our entire house? No. Just being honest here.

However, knowing the cost of our master bedroom and being able to save + racking my brain for a year and never succeeding as to what/how to do it + so over the paper shades we had on those windows for over a year and a half = finally splurging and going for it. 

I can absolutely say that I am 100% happy in our decision to splurge on these window treatments, as well as go with a fun color over the grey gingham I thought I wanted. We are sure to enjoy these for many, many years to come.

Just for kicks, here's our master bedroom before we moved in...


and here it is today...




wall color: Grey Cashmere by Benjamin Moore // trim color: Pure White by BM // bedding: a combination of Pottery Barn, West Elm and Target // painting above bed was salvaged from my dad's shop // writing desk: Target // desk chair & slipcover: Ballard Designs // bed/nightstand: Pier 1 Imports // antique sewing machine used for our other nightstand inherited from my grandparents // dresser: Hampton Furniture in Anderson // lamps: TJ Maxx








**update** after adding a bit of new on the desk. I like it best like this...



Again, I love a great DIY but then I also love calling in professional help when I need it. They're experts at what they do!

Here's a few reasons to use an interior designer...

1. They help you to step out of the box. As mentioned above, I thought I wanted just a very subtle grey fabric then Sarah showed me this yellow which pulled out the yellow in our Pottery Barn duvet but then I also knew could be paired with so many different beddings in the future. From navy to greys and neutrals, the yellow would always work and it would always make me happy and brighten up the room. I love color! I love pattern! Thankful she helped me step out of my comfort zone and make me glad I didn't stay "safe" so the room would be more of a reflection of ME.

2. They make sure it's done right. There's just some things I'd rather pay more for to get it 100% right. For instance, the installation guy had a table saw and cut the wooden hardware to fit the odd bay windows, even after they had been ordered to fit off of taking measurements. If they ran into problem, they corrected it and didn't stop until it was perfect.

3. They are an investment, quality work and quality lasts. Quality over quantity the older I get. I am truly learning the value of investing in nice things that will LAST. Whether it's a handbag or window treatments. Same conceptI really do love the thickness and quality of the blackout lined drapes and I love the quality of the wooden rods. Definitely pieces that will last for years to come!

Here's links to a few of my favorite interior designers:

Dwell Chic (Belton, SC)

Kinloch Interiors (Greenville, SC)

The White Buffalo Styling Co (Greenville, SC)

Houston House Designs (Savannah, GA)

Colordrunk Designs (Decatur, GA)

Caitlin Creer Interiors (Utah)

Happy decorating and more house updates coming soon...

2 comments:

  1. Omg gorgeous!!! The window treatments actually make it look so much bigger!! I love it all! & I totally agree about quality over quantity these days. I want quality, timeless pieces that will last. Because I also don't have time to chase after new/replacement items anymore either lol!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019