praise report.

Monday, October 5, 2015

So I'm not sure if I shared here on the blog about our pediatrician's concern about Charlie's little head. He has had a ridge in the front of his skull (the most prominent highlighted part in this photo actually, which was taken Saturday night and compared to his photos the day he was born you can see a huge difference...) ever since he was born. I was concerned, but thought it was just from him getting "stuck" in the birth canal or something and it would go away. Well after eight weeks, it had gotten better but it was still there. Dr. Fuqua said it could be where the sutures of the skull (?) had fused together too quickly and she even mentioned surgery. Like cut my baby's head wide open kind of surgery. Uh, yeah no.

Not this sweet angel...


Well the back of his head was flat too, which most babies encounter, and could easily be corrected with a helmet. She just suggested we work on laying him on his left side the most and see if they would kinda round out his entire head and even correct the front part too (crazy how soft a baby's head is). Well for the past month we have really had him on his left side at all times unless he moves his head in the middle of the night (he sleeps on his back, if we position him on his side he still ends up on his back at some point) and today we went back for a re-check.

After a lot of praying, she said the front ridge of the skull looked SO much better and she didn't think we needed to do a cat scan. HUGE PRAISE. Also she said she thought the back was rounding out and after maybe a few weeks it may correct itself too and no need for helmet. Another very huge praise because I just knew he would have to have a helmet, I had already prepared myself for that and even if so, that would have been totally ok. Just not surgery. *Gasp*

This {not so little} booger also weighed in at a whopping 17.12 pounds. 

Come again!?!?!?!?!


Yep, 99th percentile. Almost off the charts. I knew he was heavy and my biceps were burning but geeeeez. I am just so thankful to hear good news today, but we will check it again at his 4 month appointment and know a definite answer on the helmet then. Prayers until then!

This has been such an emotional weekend as I have seen friends in Columbia lose EVERYTHING to the devastating, absolutely unthinkable flooding that has taken place across our state. It has just baffled me. I have been praying non-stop for everyone affected and I hope to set up something at the store to raise money for gift cards or accept donations of clothing, toiletries, etc. I am just so eager to help. If you'd like to join me please let me know so I can come up with some details.

Worrying about sweet Charlie's head never consumed me, as I knew God was in control...and he is always, always faithful no matter the circumstance. There's so much bigger problems we could be faced with. Just as one of my friend's said, yes they may have lost every stitch of materialistic things in the flood but they survived...and they have each other...and they're healthy.

At the end of the day folks, that is truly all that matters.

Thankful for their health, that they are ok and thankful for my healthy boys.
Hope everyone has a blessed day and continue to PRAY FOR SC!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019