heavy heart

Sunday, August 30, 2015

I have had such a heavy heart this weekend after learning one of my "blog friends", Lyndsie, lost her battle with ovarian cancer. I call her a "blog friend" because when I started this here little blog nearly seven years ago, she was one of the first ones I followed. We would comment on each other's blogs, I followed her numerous courageous cancer battles and celebrated remissions, her wedding planning, then adoption of two precious kids. I remember donating to their adoption fund and sending her several items for a silent auction they were having because I was so touched by their amazing love story, her determination to be a mom even though a complete hysterectomy (due to cancer) prevented her from ever carrying a child and her immense FAITH and love for Jesus!!!

Later we exchanged emails, would comment on Instagram pics and somehow, even though I had never met her - being only a state away, I felt like I knew her. So that's a "blog friend" to me, I guess, and that's why this shocking news this weekend brought absolute tears flooding down my face.


28 years old.

I will never understand why God allows bad things to happen to such good, good people.
I just know that Lyndsie's life, love for others, and faith will go on to be a testimony to so many! I am so glad God granted her a few more years to fulfill her lifelong dream of being a mother. What an AMAZING mommy those two precious kids have. And their dad? Her husband? Like how? HOW do you lose your spouse, your best friend? My thoughts and prayers are with their entire family (both had very large families) and I have literally been sick to my stomach just thinking about what they are going through right now.

Hearing news like this reminds me that it could happen to any of us. One day you could wake up with news causing your life to never be the same. EVERY DAY IS A GIFT. While a big house may be nice, a new fancy car, brand name clothing, striving for the best education for our kids, the best vacations, etc... there is absolutely NOTHING more valuable than the simple blessing of family, time with friends, doing good for others, and knowing Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior. I am grateful for this life each and every day, but this weekend I held on to my babies (and husband) a little tighter. I let the dishes go, the emails, the phone...and I just rocked them...held them...played on the floor with them...did what I should be doing more of EACH AND EVERY DAY! I prayed, prayed, prayed...then prayed some more.

Life is short people. 

I hope we all remember to savor every sweet moment and may we all strive more to live a life full of courage, faith, and love like sweet Lyndsie did. 

Please keep this family in prayer in the days, weeks, and months ahead!
Lyndsie's obituary can be found here.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! How incredibly sad!! My thoughts & prayers are certainly with her family & those sweet babies! After Leslie's passing and then another passing of one of my dad's friends a couple of weeks ago I've been shooken pretty good & reminded of just how fragile life is & how QUICKLY it can alll change! So sad! Hugs to you sweet girl & those babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sad! I just knew she would overcome this as she did the others. I couldn't imagine what her precious babies and husband are going through. Her faith was so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019